Job description / Role
One of the top 5 consultant engineering in the world.
• Establish and manage operational and administrative for the Department, including:
- Budgeting and expenditure, including financial forecasting and reporting.
- Contract administration.
- Reporting, Document control.
• Plan and manage the Department’s resources (equipment/materials, fulltime staff, external consultants, etc.). This shall include utilization and action tracking.
• Develop and implement business plans and strategies for the fulfillment of Department goals.
• Oversee the development of workflows, processes and procedures for the efficient operation of the Department.
• Ensure compliance and adherence to policies and guidelines.
• Ensure that all corporate policies, communications and requirements are communicated within the Department.
• Engage departments, as required, including accounting, finance, procurement, legal, human recourse, projects and operations.
• Develop and manage relationships with external governmental entities, vendors, suppliers and service providers.
• Develop and operating the Department’s reporting unit, which shall produce communications, which include:
- Executive & operational dashboards.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Department-internal and external presentations.
- Letters, memos and communiques.
• Develop training and development plans for Department staff in coordination with the human resources department.
• Manage and co-ordinate capacity building, professional learning, team building, employee wellbeing initiatives, etc.
• Establish Department operational performance requirements and set key performance indicators.
Education and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management, engineering or finance/accounting.
• MBA, or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in Business Management, Contracts Administration,
• Project Management Office, Project Management, Engineering Management. (5 years in leadership positions.)
• International and Regional experience is plus.
• Excellent command of the English language is essential.
• Strong Experience in managing day-to-day business for complex departments with multiple functions.
• Thorough understanding, development and implementation of diverse business processes, procedures and strategies.
• Excellent management and leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication (various forms and media) and interpersonal relationship abilities.
• Project control abilities, including cost, time management, budgeting and expenditure control.
• Experience in the management of projects.
• Experience in the procurement of works and professional services.
• Experience in various contract forms such as FIDIC and Saudi Government contracts.
• Experience in administration of various types of contracts such as consultancy contracts, engineering procurement construction, turnkey, and framework contracts.
• Review and negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers.
• Strong business planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with the use of MS Project and Primavera are also advantage
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering