Job description / Role
Our client is a multinational engineering firm that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to a wide range of clients. They are currently looking for a Business Manager to be based in Neom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Business Manager (BM) shall work with the senior leadership of the Department to develop and implement the Department strategy and translate it into operational plans.
• This shall include management of business initiatives, human resources, finances, IT, contracts and administration.
• The BM shall support the Department head in the leadership role and shall act as the department deputy, with business duties as delegated by the Department head.
• The BM will work with shared services (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement, IT, Legal) to ensure the needs of the Department are coordinated are met and delivered in a timely manner.
• Plan and manage the Department’s resources (equipment/materials, full-time staff, external consultants, etc.).
• This shall include utilization and action tracking.
• Develop and implement business plans and strategies for the fulfillment of Department goals.
• Oversee the development of workflows, processes and procedures for the efficient operation of the Department.
• Ensure compliance and adherence to NEOM policies and guidelines.
• Ensure that all corporate policies,
• Engage with NEOM departments, as required, including accounting, finance, procurement, legal, human recourse, projects and operations.
• Develop and manage relationships with external governmental entities, vendors, suppliers and service providers.
• Develop training and development plans for Department staff in coordination with the human resources department.
• Manage and co-ordinate capacity building, professional learning, team building, employee wellbeing initiatives, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management, engineering or finance/accounting
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in Business Management, Contracts Administration, Project Management Office, Project Management, Engineering Management. (5 years in leadership positions.)
• International and Regional experience is plus.
• Excellent command of the English language is essential.
• Strong Experience in managing day-to-day business for complex departments with multiple functions
• Thorough understanding, development and implementation of diverse business processes, procedures and strategies.
• Outstanding communication (various forms and media) and interpersonal relationship abilities
• Project control abilities, including cost, time management, budgeting and expenditure control
• Experience in the management of projects.
• Experience in the procurement of works and professional services.
• Experience in various contract forms such as FIDIC and Saudi Government contracts.
• Experience in administration of various types of contracts such as consultancy contracts, engineering procurement construction, turnkey, and framework contracts.
• Review and negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers.
• Strong business planning and organizational skills.
• Candidate should be based in Saudi with transferable Iqama
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
General Manager (O&M)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Executive Director - PMO
|Saudi Arabia||16 Aug|