Job description / Role
Souq.com is an Amazon subcategory company, its the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world, featuring more than 200,000 products across categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, household goods, watches or perfumes. Today Souq.com attracts over 8 million visits per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.
We are currently looking for a Smart, eager, hard-working, creative candidate with strong analytical, organizational and merchandising skills.
The candidate will be responsible to
- Maintaining data quality for the product catalogue.
- Building comprehensive brand destinations within Souq.com.
- Coordinating and creating launch plans for new products/brands/categories.
- Managing site placements and promotions to coordinate with relevant suppliers the event calendar if applicable.
- Providing reporting and success metrics for campaigns and merchandising activities.
- Reviewing sales and key metrics to identify areas of opportunity to optimize sales and reach new customers.
- Management and responsibility of inventory levels.
- Supplier’s management and engagement.
- Manage inventory, open-to-buy, inventory health, item-level forecasting, assortment planning
- Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through team collaboration
- Manage inbound shipments: fill rate, operational issues, lead time, quality, deviations.
- Responsible for the category KPI’s
The opportunity is with limited contract for 6 months.
The job is in Riyadh.
Communication / Internal / External
- Internal: Management, Category Team, Marketing, Procurement, Other Inter-Departments
- External: Suppliers, Vendors, Clients
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for assigned category and an acute interest in driving the growth and profitability of strategic suppliers/brands partners on Souq.com retail platform.
- Deep understanding of the assigned category (brands, supplier’s etc.).
- Proven track record of success in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- 2+ years of retail and/or online experience is preferred
- Strong analytical acumen, and experience generating and managing reporting and analysis.
- OTB management experience
- Proven English skills - both verbal and written. Arabic would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills inside and outside the organization.
- Proactive and positive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.