Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
This role is required to provide drawing expertise on single and multidisciplinary projects in the public and private sectors. You will work closely with Architects and Engineers to ensure completion of the drawings set out by them.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative and work without excessive supervision
- Able to prioritise, plan workload efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail - able to self check and correct work.
- Parking Layout drawings
- OS map drawings including lane widening, curb lines and junction layouts
- Site access and circulation layout drawings
- Production of general arrangement drawings using AutoCAD
- Preparation of sketches and figures
- Adherence to Atkins CAD manual
- Adherence to Atkins Quality Manual & Procedures
- Coordination with other design disciplines
- Plan & organise own work.
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive tax free salary
- Accommodation & Transportation allowance incorporated into salary
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on a 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- To be familiar with AutoCAD software used by the office (AutoCAD 2005)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years AutoCAD experience, and experience in road and scheme design
- Good grasp of engineering principles
- Appreciation of Highways and Parking Scheme designs
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both written and verbal
- Previous experience of working in a multidisciplinary organisation
- Advanced level in understanding AutoCAD demands
- Experience in design of Highways Schemes and Parking Layouts.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).