Cardiovascular Technologist, Non-Invasive
Job description / Role
• Independently performs non-invasive cardiac investigations such as but not limited to Electrocardiography ECG, Holter monitoring, stress testing, pacemaker and ICD analysis, blood pressure monitoring, echocardiography procedures including Transesophageal Echocardiography(TEE) and Stress Echocardiography (SE).
• Performs urgent procedures on critically ill patients portably on the wards, in the OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, ICU’s, Emergency Room, and any other location as requested ad required.
• Assists physicians with procedures in the Operating Room, Cardiac Cath lab or any other setting as required.
• Observes and monitors patients during procedures, notes signs of distress and/or medical emergencies, takes remedial action and notifies the nurse and/or physician as necessary
• Produces meaningful diagnostic information, obtains measured and calculated data and makes preliminary reports for review by the reporting physician.
• Documents and logs all patient events and procedures.
• Ensures a safe environment and safe operation of equipment.
• Monitors equipment and reports any hazards or needs for repair and maintenance to Senior Cardiovascular Technologist or Manager. Calibrates and operates equipment as required.
• Clean and disinfects clinical equipment, following appropriate laboratory policies, Hospital policies or manufacturer instructions.
• Ensures procedure rooms are clean, tidy and well stocked with supplies, linen and other necessary items.
• Participates in the on-call roster and assists with emergency resuscitation procedures
• Understands sterile technique for Cardiac Cath Lab, OR and isolation patients.
• Understand infection control and Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab Policies.
• Comply with the section policies, procedures and protocols. Follow the section quality improvement program in accordance with CBAHI, JCI, SFDA and other accreditation agencies standards.
• Apply and ensure compliance with ALARA principle Role with the section practice for all procedures involving radiation exposure.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or Associate Degree / Diploma in Cardiovascular Technology, Health Science, Cardiac Ultrasound or equivalent health care field is required
• Current registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialities (SCFHS) is required.
• Two (2) years of related experience with Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
About the Company
The King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre (KFSH&RC) is a 985-bed tertiary/quaternary care and referral hospital with facilities in Jeddah and Riyadh in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is the national referral and research centre for oncology, organ transplantation, cardiovascular diseases and genetic diseases and we provide treatment for everything from minor to complex and advanced medical conditions for Saudi Arabian nationals. We hold Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation as an Academic Medical Centre, and American Nurses Credentialing Centre (ANCC) Magnet designation. We are recognized as one of the leading healthcare organizations in the Middle East.
The Riyadh Hospital was established on land donated by King Faisal and was opened by King Khalid in 1975 with a current total land area of 920,000 square meters. We employ over 10,000 employees coming from 63 different nationalities.