Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
At Swissotel Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. We are looking for a highly talented Carpenter to join our dynamic Engineering team.
Swissôtel Makkah Description :
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait Complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haram, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Carpenter Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Repair all hotel furniture.
- Build cabinets as required.
- Perform all shop work required.
- Produce and/or reproduce moldings.
- Build counters and assemble desk as required.
- Perform alterations and modification to offices when required.
- Repair or replace door closures and associated parts.
- Perform all work orders pertaining to the trade.
- Reuse any scrap and/or end pieces to reduce waste.
- Strip down broken furniture and reuse the parts to repair other furniture.
- Cut glass and/or mirror into smaller pieces to repair smaller windows and/or mirrors.
- Assist other trades as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in carpenter from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Carpenter.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery, equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.