Job description / Role
Amazon company, its the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world, featuring more than 200,000 products across categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, household goods, watches or perfumes. Today amazon.sa attracts over 10 million visits per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.
It has been ranked as the 11th most visited web-site in the U.A.E ahead of MSN by Alexa and 22nd most viewed website in the KSA ahead of MSN. In the countries of Egypt Souq.com is ranked at 33 and in Kuwait at 35, ahead of several popular websites.
Often tagged as the “Amazon of the Middle East”, Amazon.sa operates both as a retail site and as a marketplace for third party sellers. It offers a convenient and safe online shopping experience with online payments, option to pay cash on delivery and free returns. Amazon.sa offers a convenient, safe and enjoyable online shopping experience through a trusted website featuring more than 100,000 products from international and local brands at competitive prices.
Established in 2005 as an auction website, 2011 saw Souq.sa move to a catalogued based – E-Commerce destination that it is today. Amazon.sa has successfully pioneered online shopping in the region, meeting buyers and sellers needs with a best in class website and trusted payment and fulfilment solutions. Today Souq.com attracts over 7.5 million unique visitors per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.
Today Souq is a group of companies and also undertakes logistics and fulfillment through its own logistics enterprise – Q-Express.
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, Amazon.sa caters to the needs of local markets with offices in Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Kuwait along with plans to open offices in India this year.
In this role, a successful candidate will be an effective communicator and problem-solver, and someone who is able to balance the needs and requirements of both Amazon.sa and the strategic supplier. This role is an ideal start to a dynamic career path at Amazon.sa for an ambitious candidate who is eager to drive a business.
• Smart, eager, hard-working, creative candidate with strong analytical, organizational and merchandising skills.
• Maintaining data quality for the product catalogue.
• Building comprehensive brand destinations within Amazon.sa.
• Coordinating and creating launch plans for new products/brands/categories.
• Managing site placements and promotions to coordinate with relevant suppliers the event calendar if applicable.
• Designing and executing targeted marketing campaigns if applicable in coordination with Head of Fashion and Marketing/Merchandising team.
• Providing reporting and success metrics for campaigns and merchandising activities.
• Reviewing sales and key metrics to identify areas of opportunity to optimize sales and reach new customers.
• Management and responsibility of inventory levels.
• Supplier’s management and engagement.
• Manage inventory, open-to-buy, inventory health, item-level forecasting, assortment planning
• Interact with operations teams and drive efficiencies through team collaboration
• Manage inbound shipments: fill rate, SKUs, operational issues, lead time, quality, deviations.
• Responsible for the category KPI’s
COMMUNICATION / INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
• Internal: Management, Category Team, Marketing, Procurement, Other Inter-Departments
• External: Suppliers, Vendors, Clients
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
• The ideal candidate will have a passion for assigned category and an acute interest in driving the growth and profitability of strategic suppliers/brands partners on Souq.com retail platform.
• Deep understanding of the assigned category (brands, supplier’s etc.).
• Proven track record of success in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, and time management
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proficiency in Excel
• 2+ years of retail and/or online experience is preferred
• Strong analytical acumen, and experience generating and managing reporting and analysis.
• OTB management experience
• Proven English skills - both verbal and written. Arabic would be an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills inside and outside the organization.
• Proactive and positive attitude, detail-oriented, and a team player.
• Flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.