Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for a CHAIR OF MEDICINE who will be responsible for planning and directing all medical staff and services dedicated to providing care related to general medicine (internal medicine, family medicine, gastroenterology, neurology, nephrology, pulmonology, cardiology, endocrinology, and dermatology). In this role, you will be responsible for the following and not limited to:
- Lead strategic planning and decision making at the Executive level to develop and implement a strategy for Department of Medicine’s activities that aligns with the company’s overall vision and its current and long-term business and growth objectives.
- Lead and monitor the preparation of regular achievement and progress reports against set and agreed targets and budgets, and study positive and negative deviations to ensure solutions are identified to improve or maintain performance and results.
- Provide direct patient care services as a member of General Medicine “group of providers”, spending at least 70% of time on providing clinical service.
- Manage scheduling and allocation of medicine physicians, medical support staff, and resource
- Assure that shift work and time off is allotted fairly to all Department of Medicine care providers
- Collaborate with other departments to identify any medical care needs and demands.
- Protect patients and employees in Medicine department by enforcing infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Serves as spokesperson regarding the hospital’s excellence in medical care.
- Drive a culture of development, guidance and performance within medicine staff.
- Identify and recruit key senior talent for Surgery Staff.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 12 years of clinical experience in Internal Medicine Department, with at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Managerial position
- MD with American-Board/Saudi-Board-equivalent Certification required; Ideally has completed residency in focus area
- Meet the criteria for licensing at consultant level with Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
- Understand and meet the criteria and standards developed by the Joint Commission International and appropriate standards for a hospital facility
- Fluently able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English or Arabic, as necessary to perform the essential duties of the position
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office or drop us a message on our website.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.