Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for a CHAIR OF SURGERY who will be responsible for engaging in day-to-day surgical practice and related surgical procedures, demonstrate expertise in a specialty surgery area or general surgery, and oversee surgical operations. In this role, you will be responsible for the following and not limited to:
- Lead strategic planning and decision making at the Executive level to develop and implement a strategy for Surgery Medical Staff’s activities that aligns with the company’s overall vision and its current and long-term business and growth objectives.
- Lead and monitor the preparation of regular achievement and progress reports against set and agreed targets and budgets, and study positive and negative deviations to ensure solutions are identified to improve or maintain performance and result.
- Provide direct patient care services as a member of the surgical unit “group of providers”, spending at least 70% of time on providing clinical service
- Set the agenda and guidelines around the provision of Surgical care
- Manage scheduling and allocation of surgeries, surgeons, medical support staff, and resource
- Assure that shift work and time off is allotted fairly to all Surgeons.
- Monitor flow of patients carefully to quickly react to changing demands or conditions
- Collaborate with other departments to identify any surgical care needs and demands
- Protect patients and employees in surgical department by enforcing infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Serves as spokesperson regarding the hospital’s excellence in surgical procedures
- Up to date about the current innovative surgical techniques to ensure departmental progress
- Set and communicate clear performance expectations, coach and provide support and regular feedback to surgical Staff’s team on performance
- Identify and recruit key senior talent for Surgery Staff.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 10 years of clinical experience in Surgical services, with at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Managerial / Team Lead position
- MD with American-Board/Saudi-Board-equivalent Certification required; Ideally has completed residency in focus area.
- Meet the criteria for licensing at consultant level with Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
- Understand and meet the criteria and standards developed by the Joint Commission International and appropriate standards for a hospital facility.
- Fluently able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English or Arabic, as necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office or drop us a message on our website.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.