Job description / Role
Professional Connections is contracted to hire European, Australian, New Zealand and US passport holders only for this hospital.
On 26 September 2018, The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has made an announcement to transform Al Meeqat Hospital in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah into a specialized hospital, integrated with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (General Organization). The construction of Al Meeqat Hospital is still ongoing and current review and assessment for the design of the facility is being done for the repurposing in accordance to the KFSH&RC standards. When completed and fully operational, Al Meeqat Hospital will provide high-end healthcare services to its patients. Al Meeqat Hospital has a 300-bed capacity.
This project contributes to the Organization's goal to expand its services throughout the Kingdom and gives emphasis to the reputation of KFSH&RC as a leading national medical institution and its ability to deliver the highest standards of providing medical care.
• Job Title: Chairman, Anesthesiology
• Department: Anesthesiology
• Reporting To: Executive Director, Medical & Clinical Affairs
Roles And Responsibilities
• Leads the department in accordance with the vision, mission, strategic priorities, goals and objectives of KFSH&RC (Gen.Org.).
• Accountable to Executive Director, Medical & Clinical Affairs (MCA) for effective operations and management of allocated resources of the department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Provides general supervision over the professional care in the Department of Anesthesiology.
• Ensures the quality of medical diagnosis and care provided to outpatients of the department.
• Directs the Organization of the staff so as to give optimum care to all patients accepted to the department in accordance with policies and procedures of KFSH&RC (Gen. Org ).
• Provides required patient care and management in the area of Anesthesiology in accordance with policies and procedures of KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.).
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.).
• Complies with all Hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission, processes, consultation, daily patient care, outpatient practices and patient discharge as applicable.
• Provides oversight of Procedural Sedation practices by non-Anesthesiologists in the Hospital.
• Assess patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures. Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Follows-up on investigation results for outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly as applicable.
• Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures treatment areas and share on-call schedule as per requirements. Admitted patients
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to specialty, as assigned.
• Promotes Postgraduate Training Programs, Continuing Medical Education Activities, International Symposia and other required educational and training courses and ensures evaluation and reporting of such activities.
• Leads and promotes educational activities for Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, Junior Staff and other members of the department.
• Introduces and implements new advances and techniques for complex procedures in the area of specialization.
• Hosts National and International Medical Conferences in KFSH&RC and participates in similar conferences abroad as assigned.
• Research Responsibilities:
• Leads and promotes clinical basic and translational research and publication of papers in accordance with Research and Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.).
• Develops the department's Strategic Plan, Goals and Objectives in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical & Clinical Affairs. Provides quarterly reports on the progress made by the department on the Goals and Objectives.
• Ensures that the department and its staff performed in accordance with agreed Performance Objective Reports the performance results to the Executive Director, MCA on a periodic basis. Undertakes and leads the conduct of any corrective action that may be requires to improve the performance results of the department and its staff.
• Ensures that patient care and clinical services rendered by the department are in accordance with the appropriate quality standards. Promotes the implementation of Quality Improvement Programs in the Department.
• Leads the initiative in maximizing the utilization of all resources efficiently within the department and coordinates the same across the Hospital.
• Ensures that patient care is provided in conformance with the Patients' Bill of Rights by the department and its staff.
• Obtains feedback from customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required. Uses the feedback to improve quality of patient care.
• Acts as a leader and a role model and promotes a culture of excellence.
• Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted staff coverage in the Department. Manages the work distribution and leave schedules of the staff and resolves related issues to ensure efficient workflow.
• Ensures resources are available to respond to routine, request or emergency service provision and to expand outputs, service and facilities as needed.
• Recommends appointment of Deputy Chairman, Section Heads and other senior staff members of the Department.
• Conducts annual evaluation of Departmental staff in consultation with Sections Heads and makes recommendations to Medical and Clinical Affairs.
• Fosters integration and collaboration with Nursing, Clinical Services, Administration, Support Services and other departments to ensure that required patient care is being provided, in accordance with standards laid down by KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.),
• Establishes systems and processes for assignment, evaluation and renewal of clinical privileges for the department staff and makes recommendations on the same. Monitors adherence of staff members to assigned clinical privileges and recommends immediate modification of clinical privileges to ensure patient safety, whenever is necessary.
• Enforces and monitors the adherence of all members in the department to the Medical Staff bylaws and rules and regulations and Hospital's policies and procedures.
• Reports, investigates and takes timely and appropriate action in response to non-conformities, complaints and incident reports.
• Prepares and manages the Annual Operating Budget of the Department and Annual Capital Equipment Budget for the medical and clinical units associated with the department, in conjunction with Nursing Affairs and Clinical Services, wherever applicable.
• Participate in Capital Equipment Purchase Planning, evaluation and implementation.
• Chairs regular departmental staff meeting to review and discuss patient care policies, education, research, resource utilization and administrative activities. Participates as a member of Medical Advisory Council.
• Develops policies and procedures for the department as necessary. Facilitates the development of Bylaws, rules and regulations and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Makes timely decision and authorizes all policies and procedures and bylaws for his department.
• Responds to any queries and requests from the regulatory and governance bodies.
• Abides by the current Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, all relevant rules and regulations and policies and keeps self-updated of any change that might occur.
• Follows all KFSH& RC (Gen.Org.) related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self, other's education, training & development as applicable. Approved
• Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
• Generous tax-free income.
• Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
• Other benefits +++
• Graduation from a medical school in good standing, completion of required period of postgraduate training in a specialty and/or sub specialty, with Saudi/American Board or
• Canadian/UK certification, or equivalent as outlined by the Medical Staff Credentialing, Committee.
• Ten (10) years of clinical experience in a sub specialty including four (4) years in Admin Capacity, plus post-training experience is required.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.