Job description / Role
Chairman - Emergency Medicine in Al Madinah
Professional Connections is contracted to hire European, Australian, New Zealand and US passport holders only for this hospital.
On 26 September 2018, The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has made an announcement to transform Al Meeqat Hospital in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah into a specialized hospital, integrated with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (General Organization). The construction of Al Meeqat Hospital is still ongoing and current review and assessment for the design of the facility is being done for the repurposing in accordance to the KFSH&RC standards.
When completed and fully operational, Al Meeqat Hospital will provide high-end healthcare services to its patients. Al Meeqat Hospital has a 300-bed capacity.
This project contributes to the Organization's goal to expand its services throughout the Kingdom and gives emphasis to the reputation of KFSH&RC as a leading national medical institution and its ability to deliver the highest standards of providing medical care.
Job Title: Chairman, Emergency Medicine
Department: Emergency Medicine (EM)
Roles And Responsibilities
• Leads the department in accordance with the vision, mission, strategic priorities, goals, and objectives of the Hospital. Accountable to Executive Director, Medical and Clinical Affairs for effective operations and management of allocated resources. Manages departmental processes, performance, quality, education, and research, in order to provide effective service in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws and the Hospital's policies and procedures. Serves as an advocate of the department's interests. Has a half-time clinical load as a 'consultant'.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Clinical Responsibilities
• Provides required patient care and management in the field of EM in accordance with the Hospital policies and procedures.
• Evaluates and stabilizes patients presenting in the emergency department with an emergency medical condition.
• Treats emergencies and all medical problems, injuries, poisoning/overdoses, and complications of chronic illnesses.
• Assumes responsibility for patients under his/her care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by the Hospital.
• Complies with all Hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
• Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
• Eases the pain and anxiety that a medical emergency can cause families through education and counselling.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Documents findings in medical records.
• Follows-up on investigation results for Emergency Room patients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Shares on- call schedule as per requirements.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Promotes Postgraduate Training Programs, Continuing Medical Education activities, international symposia, and other required educational and training courses and ensures evaluation and reporting of such activities.
• Leads and promotes educational activities for Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, junior staff, and other members of the department.
• Introduces and implements new advances and techniques for complex procedures in the field of EM.
• Hosts national and international medical conferences in the Hospital and participates in similar conferences abroad.
• Leads and promotes clinical, basic and translational research, and publication of papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education, and contribute to the national and international recognition of the Hospital.
• Develops the department's strategic plan, goals, and objectives in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical and Clinical Affairs. Provides quarterly reports on the progress made by the department on the goals and objectives.
• Ensures that the department and its staff perform in accordance with agreed performance objectives. Reports the performance results to the Executive Director, Medical and Clinical Affairs, on a periodic basis. Undertakes and leads the conduct of any corrective action that may be required, to improve the performance results of the department and its staff.
• Ensures that patient care and clinical services rendered by the department are in accordance with appropriate quality standards. Promotes the implementation of Quality Improvement Programs in the department.
• Leads initiatives for maximizing the utilization of all resources within the department and coordinates the same across the Hospital.
• Ensures that patient care is provided in conformance with the Patients' Bill of Rights by the department and its staff.
• Obtains feedback from all customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required.
• Acts as a leader and a role model and promotes a culture of excellence.
• Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted coverage in the department. Manages the work distribution and leave schedules of the staff and resolves related issues to ensure efficient workflow.
• Ensures resources are available to respond to routine, request, or emergency service provisions and to expand outputs, service and facilities, as needed.
• Recommends appointment/assignment of Deputy Chairman, Section Heads, Program Directors and other important staff members for the department.
• Conducts annual evaluation of departmental staff, in consultation with Section Heads and makes recommendations to Medical and Clinical Affairs.
• Fosters integration and collaboration with Nursing Affairs, Clinical Services, Support Services, and other departments to ensure that required patient care is being provided, in accordance with standards laid down by the Hospital.
• Establishes systems and processes for assignment, evaluation and renewal of clinical privileges for the departmental staff and makes recommendations on the same. Monitors adherence of staff members to assigned clinical privileges and recommends immediate modification of clinical privileges to ensure patient safety, whenever necessary.
• Enforces and monitors the adherence of all members of his/her department to the Medical Staff Bylaws and rules and regulations, and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Reports, investigates, and takes timely and appropriate action in response to non-conformities, complaints, and incident reports.
• Prepares and manages the annual Operating Budget of the department and the annual Capital Equipment budget for the medical and clinical units associated with the department, in conjunction with Nursing Affairs and Clinical Services, wherever applicable.
• Participates in capital equipment purchase planning, evaluation, and implementation.
• Chairs regular departmental staff meetings to review and discuss patient care, policies, education, research, resource utilization, and administrative activities. Participates as a member of the Medical Advisory Council.
• Develops policies, procedures, and by-laws for the department as necessary.
• Responds to any queries and requests from the regulatory and governance bodies.
• Performs other duties, responsibilities, and assignments as may be requested by the Executive Director, Medical and Clinical Affairs.
• Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Performs any other related duties, as assigned
• Generous tax-free income.
• Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
• Other benefits +++
• Graduation from a medical school in good standing. EM Board Certification from the United States, Canada, Australia, or United Kingdom and/or sub specialty (fellowship) in branches of EM from the United States, Canada, Australia, or United Kingdom.
• Fifteen (15) years of training in specialty or sub specialty plus post-training experience is required.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.