Job description / Role
Chairman - Obstetrics in Al Madinah
Professional Connections is contracted to hire European, Australian, New Zealand and US passport holders only for this hospital.
On 26 September 2018, The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has made an announcement to transform Al Meeqat Hospital in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah into a specialized hospital, integrated with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (General Organization). The construction of Al Meeqat Hospital is still ongoing and current review and assessment for the design of the facility is being done for the repurposing in accordance to the KFSH&RC standards.
When completed and fully operational, Al Meeqat Hospital will provide high-end healthcare services to its patients. Al Meeqat Hospital has a 300-bed capacity.
This project contributes to the Organization's goal to expand its services throughout the Kingdom and gives emphasis to the reputation of KFSH&RC as a leading national medical institution and its ability to deliver the highest standards of providing medical care.
- Job Title: Chairman, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department: Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Section: Admin
Roles And Responsibilities
- Leads Obstetrics & Gynecology department in accordance with the vision, mission, goals, and objectives. Responsible for the overall administrative activities of the Department in addition to the clinical duties as Consultant.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs clinical duties and actively engages in clinical practice.
- Collaborates with Nursing, Clinical Services, Administration, and Support Services in the provision of patient care.
- Generates timely and highly accurate reports for all procedures conducted within the department.
- Develops the Department Strategic Plan and Goals and Objectives in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical Affairs and provides annual reports on the progress of the Goals and Objectives.
- Organizes, supervises, monitors and maintains medical and clinical services and programs to provide high quality patient care. Ensures ethical adherence in the Department. Ensures adequate and uninterrupted supervision of the Department at all times.
- Responsible for the selection, recruitment and retention of competent professional staff in the Department through effective use of ongoing credentialing, review of privileges and assessment of all staff in the Department. Evaluates adequacy of staffing. Ensures that there exist appropriate Departmental mechanisms and processes to provide physician coverage at all times.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the annual operating budget of the Department and for the efficient and cost effective operation of the Department within allocated resources in accordance with outcome measures defined by Medical and Clinical Affairs.
- Prepares the annual Capital Equipment budget for the medical and clinical units associated with the Department, in conjunction with Nursing Affairs and Clinical Services where applicable.
- Conducts annual evaluation reports of Department staff, in consultation with Section Heads where applicable, and makes recommendations to Medical and Clinical Affairs. Based on this evaluation, determines the increment of the staff. Professional leave, business leave and extra professional leave will be based on his evaluation. Annual performance bonus will be based on evaluation and appraisal. Maintains just and fair treatment of all staff.
- Responsible for the overall quality of patient care. Supports and promotes the implementation of Quality / Performance Improvement Programs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing key performance and clinical indicators and relevant benchmarking of departmental clinical outcomes with international organizations.
- Responsible for establishing structures that ensure practices by department staff promote a culture of excellence, are in line with the hospital values and continuously improve the patients' experience.
- Responsible for organizing, supporting and promoting activities by staff that promote community involvement and responsibility.
- Responsible for enforcing and monitoring adherence of all members of the Department to the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Chairs regular departmental staff meetings to review and discuss patient care, policies, education, research, resource utilization and administrative activities.
- Participates as a member of the Medical Advisory Council.
- Obtains feedback from all customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required. Uses the feedback to improve quality of patient care.
- Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted coverage in the Department. Manages the work distribution and leave schedules of the staff and resolves related issues to ensure efficient workflow.
- Recommends appointment/assignment of Deputy Chairman, Section Heads, medical and Program Directors within the Department.
- Establishes guidelines for granting of clinical privileges; reviews credentials of new applicants to Medical Staff and makes recommendations regarding appointment and clinical privileges; and monitors adherence of Department members to granted clinical privileges. Recommends to the Executive Director, Medical and Clinical Affairs immediate modification of clinical privileges for members of the Department whenever necessary to ensure patient safety.
- Promotes effective Departmental communication and/ or transactions internally/ externally.
- Ensures of optimal utilization of all resources efficiently within the department and coordinates the same across the Hospital.
- Acts as a leader and a role model and promotes a culture of excellence.
- Undertakes departmental specific duties and responsibilities.
- Promotes medical research initiatives in the Department in compliance with the guidelines of the Research Advisory Council.
- Generous tax-free income.
- Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
- Other benefits +++
- Graduation from a medical school in good standing, completion of required period of postgraduate training in a specialty and/or sub specialty, with Saudi/American Board or Canadian/UK certification, or equivalent as outlined by the Medical Staff Credentialing Committee.
- Ten (10) years of clinical experience in a sub specialty including four (4) years in an admin capacity, plus post-training experience is required
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.