Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (Emergency) who will be responsible for daily operation of the unit and will ensure efficient patient flow from admission to discharge. In this role, you will be responsible to:
• Facilitate and coordinate the delivery of high-quality patient care
• Consistently demonstrates sound nursing judgement and strong patient, family, and staff advocacy.
• Direct the work of the nursing team, ensuring safe patient allocation considering both acuity and skill mix
• Provide expert clinical advice and be responsible for the safety of the clinical environment
• Protect self, colleagues, patients, visitors by adhering to all policies and procedures at all times, and monitor unit staff for compliance with same.
• Resolve patient problems and needs utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies where required
• Conduct Environment of Care and Patient Experience rounds, taking action to correct deficiencies and escalating to the Nurse Manager or CNO as required.
• Competently supervises nursing staff, support staff and newly hired staff
• Discuss personnel and administrative issues with Nurse Manager and address and solve problems among staff
• Ordering unit supplies to maintain adequate stock levels, and ensuring that equipment is sent for maintenance when needed will contribute to overall unit efficiency
• Maintain patient privacy, dignity and protect patient data by keeping patient and other applicable data confidential
• Under the guidance of the Nurse Manager, contributes to the budgeting process and ensures that there are adequate supplies for care delivery
• Assure quality of care by adhering to evidence-based nursing and practice standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by the Saudi Commission of Health Specialties (SCHS) and Ministry of Health (MOH)
• Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
• Ensure that Nursing staff follow all relevant Nursing policies, procedures, and controls so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Collect quality and performance data and produces basic reports
• Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
• Minimum of 5 years’ post-registration experience in particular Nursing specialty in an acute/tertiary hospital
• Registered Nurse license in country of origin, with the ability to obtain registration with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
• Certification in area of practice would be an asset (i.e. CEN, ACRN, AMSN, AORN)
• Master’s Degree would be an asset
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.