Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Chef de Partie will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sous Chef , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
• Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
• Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
• Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in the Culinary field required
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah Clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests