Job description / Role
Chef De Partie
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Chef de Partie will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards.
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- Liaise daily with Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback.
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Maintaining labor cost through productive use of labor and ensuring that resources are properly allocated to support business levels.
- Works closely the Sous Chefs in menu creation and overall guest experience improvement efforts.
- Maintains a safe work environment and is responsible to complete the Weekly Preventative Maintenance Checklist.
- Training and developing kitchen colleagues and ensuring that ongoing training opportunities are communicated to the Sous Chef an addressed with the colleague.
- Assume supervisory responsibilities during the absence of the Senior Chef de Partie/ Sous Chef.
- Follow and deliver all Leading Quality Assurance Standards for your position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in the culinary field required.
- Diploma certification in a culinary discipline preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.