Job description / Role
• Under the general guidance and supervision of the executive chef, and within the limits of established Movenpick policies, assists in the overseeing and directing of all aspects of the hot production.
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
• Trains subordinate staff on proper use of machinery and equipment, and cleaning of it on a regular basis.
• Train and motivate all his subordinates on a regular basis.
• Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
• Informs on a daily basis the direct supervisor on all relevant information on operational and personal matters, including information which does not require the executive chef's action.
• Checks function sheets and sees to it that all food items for restaurants, banquets and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
• Takes proper inventory of food items in his section.
• Prepares on daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
• Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
• Performs duties common to all supervisors and other duties as maybe assigned.
• Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
• Supervises and participates in the preparation of assigned lunch and dinner buffets, special functions, banquets and restaurants supply.
• Make daily production list for his section.
• Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed.
• Produce with his staff all products according to Movenpick recipes.
• Observes and tests all food being cooked samples all food before it is served.
• Attends training sessions.
• Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
• Supervises preparation of assigned food for the different subsections.
• Checks function sheets, daily menus, promotions and initiates requisition of food stuffs based on functions, menus and forecasts.
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
• Ensures smooth running of the section during direct superviors absence.
SPECIAL ASSIGMENTS & RESPONSABILITY
• Ability to supervises food production and allocate work effectively.
• Ability to maintain outstanding Hygiene conditions.
• Ability to control food stock effectively.
• Ability to recommend on staff selection, provide training and report on progress of performance.
• Ability to provide reference and ensure compliance with house rules by staff.
• Ability to maintain good relation with staff and fellow workers (Team work).
• Italin De Cuisine 80%
• Intarnation De Cuisine 90%
• Arabic De Cuisine 70%
• Work in this position must be at least one year old in a five-star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.