Chef De Partie - Hot Kitchen
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Every memorable dining experience at Swissotel Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Chef de Partie - Hot Kitchen will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Swissôtel Makkah Description:
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait Complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haram, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Chef De Partie - Hot Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- Liaise daily with Senior Chef De Partie to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback.
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Maintaining labor cost through productive use of labor and ensuring that resources are properly allocated to support business levels.
- Works closely the Senior Chef De Partie in menu creation and overall guest experience improvement efforts.
- Maintains a safe work environment and is responsible to complete the Weekly Preventative Maintenance Checklist.
- Training and developing kitchen colleagues and ensuring that ongoing training opportunities are communicated to the Senior Chef De Partie an addressed with the colleague.
- Assume supervisory responsibilities during the absence of the Senior Chef de Partie/ Sous Chef.
- Follow and deliver all Leading Quality Assurance Standards for your position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in the culinary field required.
- Diploma certification in a culinary discipline preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.