Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. As Chief Accountant, your numerical and leadership skills will form a "perfect balance" in support of your team and our dynamic business.
What is in it for you
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activity of the Accounting department and ensure all standards are followed
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reports
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Continuously manage and support budget and forecast activities and assist Departmental Leaders as required
- Oversee the financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Due to localization policy, this post is only accepting local applicants.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Assistant Finance Manager
|Saudi Arabia||11 Jan|
Senior Accountant - Bilingual
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)