Job description / Role
Leadership received from (directly):
Director of Finance
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Area Director of Finance
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Supervise city ledger, general ledger, guest ledger and payroll sections within the Accounting & Finance Department and ensure the proper operation of Mövenpick Hotel accounting system.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
- To ensure that the Hotel accounting procedures apply to the standards of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and local laws & regulations.
- Deputize for the Director of Finance in his absence
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day control system, administration, reporting system and transfer of skills in all related areas.
- Ensure that accounting transactions covering various activities of both hotels are recorded in accordance with MH&R Policies & Procedures, local regulations and laws, records are neat, clean and tidy.
- Assist the Director of Finance in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly and annual financial reports and analysis.
- Ensure all disbursements and claims are supported by all necessary documents, processed and certified for receipt of merchandises or services both in quality, quantity and prices.
- Check the daily General Cashier report ensuring that the daily cash receipts are deposited in time on the next succeeding working day and any unusual items are immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
- Be responsible for all Inter-Hotel accounts and ensure that they correspond to MH&R standards.
- Maintain all general ledger accounts.
- Ensure that all sub-ledgers agree with general ledger.
- Check and verify all monthly journals prepared by the Accounts Staff.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Post all monthly-approved journal entries.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for all banks.
- Assist the preparation of returns and special statistical reports as assigned by the Director of Finance
- Assist in the compilation of departmental budgets, forecasts and business plan.
- Ensure that all the journals and related financial reports are filed for future reference.
- Assist and encourage implementing and streamlining the internal control procedures covering all activities of the hotel.
- Supervise Accounting Officers in all sections, ensuring that through effective scheduling, cross training, multi skilled staff and use of technology productivity is maximized.
- Support the preparation of any statistical reports required from all sources including management, MH&R or local authorities.
- Be fully acquainted with MH&R accounting system and the edition of Uniform System of Accounts for Hospitality Industry.
- Ensure that all financial reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure smooth management of the accounting department and refer those matters that are relevant to the Director of Finance.
- Ensure all historical information is filed in a way that provides easy access, including microfilming or other storage where necessary.
- Organize vacation planning for the Finance and Accounts Department.
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Collect and analyse relevant and accurate information about a challenge, accept every change as a learning curve and find a solution to overcome every challenge.
- To ensure that all the Finance and Accounts Department is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance daily.
- To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To handle guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- Supervise that each section of the Accounting & Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximizing utilization of Technology.
- Supervise that the physical inventories of all supplies and operating equipment are being taken on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively.
- Support the implementation of all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
- To attend daily operations briefing in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- To fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- To respond to any changes in the Finance & Accounting function as dictated by the hotel.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Supervise the activities of the credit staff including the preparation of collection schedules.
- Have a complete understanding of the supervised sections.
- Be discreet and keep observation confidential.
- Ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To assist with training of departmental employees who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy, following the Concepts Statement established and the Financial, Operational and Administrative philosophies outlined above and who understand and support Mövenpick Policy.
- Train all involved employees such as Front Office clerks and Food & Beverage waiter/cashiers to ensure continued adherence to established credit procedures.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees through Multi Skilling, Multi-Tasking and flexible scheduling and by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with Departmental Trainers monthly.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the duties and responsibilities of all Accounts clerks and be able to train them up to the required standards.
- To conduct yearly performance appraisal and give employees regular feedback on their job performance
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
- Ensure that quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment are carried out and evaluated.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.