Job description / Role
The Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo Group is looking for a Commercial Manager to be based in KSA - Dammam or Riyadh. The candidate will be responsible for driving the strategic commercial growth & business development of Kanoo Logistics division.
The Commercial Manager will be mainly responsible for understanding the divisional capabilities, regional market and ensuring a robust commercial strategy development and implementation plan.
Major Objectives of the role:
• Develop a high growth top line target development to achieve Budget and Strategic goals, by organic growth, wallet size growth of existing customers and new customer development.
• Identify mega opportunities in the GCC market and beyond to participate in the national growth.
• Establish strong Customer focus, Ensure Consistent multilevel contact with the customer.
• Develop strong relationship with internal Kanoo divisions to grow internal logistics opportunities.
• Review the business, customer performance & engagement to ensure profitability.
• Have a high quality of response to customers for tenders, requests and business growth through increased wallet share.
• Continuous monitoring of operational service delivery quality.
• Implement and monitor CRM technology to develop customer relationship.
• Continuous knowledge of market forces, prices, competition development and economic challenges.
• You must be compliance & cost conscious.
• Implementing Strategic objectives defined from time to time.
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a robust commercial strategy, including brand alignment.
• Ensure consistent multilevel contact with the customer and establish a strong customer focus by means of performing continuous data development, monitoring and review of our existing customers, lost customers and potential customers.
• Develop a strong and talented sales & business development team, and support Saudi Localization as a priority.
• Must maintain a good knowledge of pricing and implement a smart pricing strategy for the division.
• Responsible for reviewing contracts, tenders and business growth in a timely manner through increased wallet share and proper training of team.
• Review the business and customer performance & engagement, to ensure profitability.
• Must ensure efficient supplier management.
• Ensuring good corporate governance and adherence to our Group Code of Conduct for all activities.
• Any other responsibilities that are agreed from time to time.
We are looking for a candidate that holds knowledge of the activities relevant to logistics in the Middle East and the ability to understand and interpret business financials with a view to pricing and customer profitability.
Qualifications and experience:
• This position is only open to Saudi and Bahraini Nationals for this role.
• Candidate must be a University Graduate and MBA Degree Holder.
• Relevant additional qualifications relevant to Logistics OR a minimum of 5 years of Commercial/ Sales Management experience with a sizeable Logistics/ Freight Forwarding company in the Middle East.
• Must have prior experience in a role with Sales and Operations for Logistics.
• Experienced in tender management and contract reviews.
• You must have excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
• You must have a strong networking capability.
• A true team player and independent contributor to the division.
• Leadership ability – prior experience in hands on management and supervision of a team.
• Must hold both people and conflict management skills.
• Problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to work under stress and maintain high ethical standards while focus on the customer.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Deputy Managing Director
|Saudi Arabia||5 Dec|
Regional Manager - Saudi National
The Kanoo Group