Job description / Role
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Be an ambassador of the brand and the property as Chief Engineer, where your leadership, strong interpersonal skills and strategic vision will drive an engaged team, guest satisfaction and maximized operating results. You will bring your strong commercial and business acumen, and tenacity to drive the top line to exceed targets, and to position the property in the premium- lifestyle marketplace .
Swissôtel Makkah Description :
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel's first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait Complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haram, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager and Group Director of Engineering, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Co-coordinating renovation and capital projects within the framework and time limits established.
- Preparing and controlling the annual maintenance budget and assisting in the preparation of the Capital Plan.
- Providing leadership, support and direction to the department.
- Providing overall direction to department towards the achievement of company, hotel and department objectives.
- Monitoring the Hotel's Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Managing and coordinating outside contractors within established guidelines.
- Ensuring the hotel complies with all Government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programs.
- Works very closely with Fire & Safety department of the owning company.
- Reviewing ongoing service contracts for contractor performance and competitive pricing.
- Monitoring energy management program to ensure cost effective use of utilities and reduce energy consumption.
- Maintaining close and effective working relationship with all other Departments, and external contractors.
- Establishing quantitative standards of performance and utilizes performance management principles to fully maximize colleague productivity.
- Is a key member of the hotel's emergency operations and is able to provide expertise in building operations and review Hotel Crises Management plan twice a year.
- Perform weekly inspections to buildings and services, and preparing reports for improvements and takes necessary action.
- Overseeing Fire & safety standards, performance management, recruiting and training of the Engineering department.
- Establish Fire & Safety training programme with the coordination with T&C Manager for all Departments.
- Keeping close coordination with the owning company's fire & safety department for Fire drill & evacuation practice quarterly.
- Making and arranging Training programme for Engineering Staffs and other Department for Fire & Safety, on Job Training, Daily Engineering Briefing, Monthly Engineering Communication Meeting, Engineering Cross /Multi Task Training and others as required.
- Conducting monthly Health /safety and Environmental meeting along with all department and minutes of the meeting issued to all concerned.
- Keeping high standards for HACCP & takes necessary action for any short comings reported by Hygiene Manager or consulting company.
- Follow up right procedure for keeping proper record for Keys control.
- Provides effective supervision in day to day engineering store operation and ensure that, all operating procedures being followed up by store keeper.
- Provides effective supervision in Colleagues Housing and provide necessary assistance to Housing engineering department.
- Motivate engineering colleagues by healthy environment and on time appreciation.
- Establish effectively on job/ class room training program for Saudi Apprentice and keeping close monitoring in their work performance during two years training program.
- Keeping all engineering records in appropriate filling systems in engineering office.
- Keeping close coordination with external parties in regards to related engineering issues and maintenance works.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- International experience an asset.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player.
- Minimum 5-10 years as Project Manager or Chief Engineer (hotel or service environment preferred).
- Engineering degree/diploma or similar qualifications.
- Must have experience in leading a team of Maintenance Employees, with preference to those who have worked in a unionized environment, Experience in development of assistant engineering managers
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department requirements.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, Able to rephrase, or "translate" fairly technical information into terms which a layperson may easily understand.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, changing conditions and priorities.
- Ability to effectively review, assess and modify work as needed to ensure continual progress towards desired results.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects concurrently with a focus on results.
- Excellent teamwork skills and high level of initiative essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement with current knowledge on cutting edge technologies.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Excellent Knowledge of Building HVAC operations, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of blue prints; reading, understanding and analyzing Experience and or working knowledge of Auto-Cad preferred.
- Must have experience in managing Capital Budgets.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Engineer - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||20 Oct|
Senior Civil Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||28 Sep|
Senior Civil Engineer