Job description / Role
Location: We are looking for candidates for various hospital projects in the MENA region
• Providing strategic direction and planning for the facility
• Establishing a budget and operational plan for the facility aligned with the strategic plan of the organization and ensuring the key result areas as defined in the plan are met
• The CMO is representative of all medical personnel at the Hospital..
• Provides the Executive team expert advice on all medical governance matters, inclusive of relevant Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, Quality initiatives, Incident Investigation and Clinical/Medical Audit. Ensures that these matters are communicated to and implemented by medical staff and takes appropriate action when standards fall below acceptable levels
• Hospital Development monitoring to assure the successful functional and financial operation of hospital after its opening or after the management takeover.
• Pre opening and commissioning support activities to guarantee the timely, economic, successful and fiscally responsible start-up of the hospital operations.
• Management of a phased opening of the hospital, with responsibility for recruitment and training programs, implementation of management systems, the provision of supplies and purchased services and public relations and marketing to the local and international communities and its medical professionals and international clients.
• Assume the overall medical responsibility for the hospital operations, with emphasis on reaching the status of high level health care, providing medical care at the highest quality international standards possible to a more demanding and informed patient population. The hospital will be operated as a financially self sustaining entity producing return on investment to its owners according to the guidance by the Steering Committee.
• Disciplines a process where comprehensive documentation in the Medical Record is accurate and reflects the patient’s diagnosis and treatment to enable good clinical practice and optimal, appropriate patient billing
• Oversees cooperation with other organizations in health care and/or social services
• Takes an active role in the development and fulfillment of the Operational Plan, as is relevant to designation
• Meets regularly with medical leaders in the organization to discuss adherence to quality initiatives, departmental budgets, HR plans and any cross-departmental issues
• Oversees directly, or through delegation, any patient or family complaints as they pertain to medical staff
• Represents the Hospital to an external audience (lectures / presentations)
• Set a standard for medical professional performance through the establishment of professional by laws and to ensure professional standards are maintained through the effective oversight of these standards
• Oversees the recruitment of all key medical personnel, ensuring excellent medical competence, appropriate licensing and a strong cultural fit to the aspirations of the hospital
• Adheres to and oversees the requisite human resource function of this senior leadership role including timely probationary reviews, annual performance development plans and management of any performance issues of all medical staff
• Act as a supportive resource and advocate for all senior physicians within the organization
• Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery; identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives
• Provides the Executive expert advice on proposals to introduce new patient treatments
Quality & Safety
• Leads quality improvement within the Medical Department and ensures that all process changes that result from quality initiatives are effectively communicated to all other disciplines in the service
• Affirms the currency of quality KPI’s and monitors adherence. Engages with relevant staff to identify rectification strategies where appropriate.
• Leads the clinical Executive Committee, Utilization Committee, Medical Staff Privileging & Credentialing Committee and the Allied Health Committee.
• Facilitates good cross-functional communication to optimize patient care
• Facilitates compliance with JCI, CBAHI and CARF standards and any regulatory requirements (Ministry of Health (MOH) KSA) they pertain to medical administration
• Monitor medical performance standards through an agreed set of KPI’s that are consistent with the health authority requirements
• Takes a lead role in ensuring highest hygiene and quality standards
• Fosters a culture of learning, development and continuous improvement across the Department by:
• Overseeing the development of the medical training plan, in consultation with the Medical Training Coordinator
• Facilitating the provision of essential training relevant to clinical staff in the specialty
• Showing commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME)
• Promotes and participates in clinical research and publication
• Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry
• Corresponding activities performed by the role
• Complying with Policies, Procedures and Practices of the Hospital and other Regulatory Requirements
• Complying consistently with facility policies, procedures and practices and ensuring alignment with the Hospital’s policies
• Completing and maintaining regulatory requirements including: licensure and certification and other mandatory training within established time frames
• Maintaining confidentiality with regards to any information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with the Hospital’s policy
Promoting Customer Service Standards
Exhibits and emphasizes the importance of the following:
• Fosters communication of the medical staff with the patient and with the permission of the patient, their family, on all aspects of the patient’s condition and treatment
• Promotes rounding on the patient on a regular basis that considers the patient’s condition and good medical practice
• Promotes minimization of patient waiting time to the extent that this is practicable.
• Must be compassionate and courteous at all times
• Adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety, Materials Management and Maintenance Standards
• Adhering to requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines and Infection Control guidelines
• Understanding and adhering to emergency preparedness plans/policies
Ensuring Personal Effectiveness
• Participates in medical conferences and meetings inside and outside of the Hospital
Maintains CME requirements
• Develop a personal program of self-study and professional growth with guidance from the medical staff
• Maintains good relationship with the other departments and colleagues
• Continuously adhere to the Hospital’s Dress and Grooming Policy for medical professionals
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
• Classification into the rank of consultant in the field of medicine
• Previous chairmanship or C-Suite position
• Specialist Certifications
• Experience Required in addition to the Qualifications mentioned above (Relevant to the Job):
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a managerial position in a hospital, of which at least 5 years in the MENA region.
• Postgraduate qualifications that meet the educational goals of the Saudi Board, including a structured clinical training program in one of the general or main specialties in medicine and it shall be the highest professional qualification in the awarding country. Practitioners with these qualifications are classified into senior registrar rank and shall be allowed to apply for classification into consultant rank after obtaining MOH KSA approved experience in KSA not less than three years after the date of graduation in the specialty field.
• Prior health management experience or relevant Management degree.
Additional Requirements / Remarks
• English mandatory, with additional fluency in Arabic and French being added value
• Able to relate to people of different cultural backgrounds and is able to convey ideas in a clear and presentable manner
• Organized and able to work methodically and in accordance with department’s needs
• A high degree of motivation and self-discipline
• Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to effectively lead and motivate a professional team
• Professional attitude, that exudes confidence and an enthusiastic personality
• Preferably Hospital Management Degree
• Basic computer skills
• Package offered will depend on experience, qualifications, the size and location of the project
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.