Job description / Role
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Royal Commission at Jazan is managing the development and operation of Jazan City for Primary and Downstream City (JCPDI). Royal Commission requires the expertise and experience of a COO (Chief Operating Officer) for starting up the operation and management of the JCPDI Port (projection for 2038 1.2 M TEU pa). We are looking for a COO with experience in developing an execution plan for operation and maintenance of the JCPDI port and who desire to become instrumental in the implementation of the execution plan. We have a port that consists of industrial berth for import of bulk material, a 1.7 km long berth for the handling of containers and cargo and storage areas.
Provides management and direction for the development of policies, procedures, skills sets, and metrics to ensure that they are aligned with business requirements and objectives of a project office.
• The COO is responsible for the organization, administration, operation, and customer relations of the Port’s marine terminals, and all facilities maintenance related activities for the Port. Success in this position requires skilled contract negotiation with a high level of discretion and staff collaboration to achieve Port goals.
• The COO has responsibility for all supervisory activities with respect to departmental staff and serves as a member of the key management team. Responsible for developing and motivating the Operations team to high levels of productivity and morale through guidance, mentoring, and leadership while adhering to and administering Port policies.
• Manages job responsibilities independently with only general direction from the CEO. Ensures that applicable Port policies, City ordinances, governing laws and generally accepted procedures and practices are followed.
• Develop and integrate staffing programs designed to attract the highest caliber of talent while satisfying the needs of our clients.
• Collaborate with the RC CEO on five- and ten-year plans for corporate growth and evolution.
• Assist financial projections and analyses of existing programs and policies.
• Manage service employees and train them in the latest leadership and technical skills so they can better serve our clients.
• Help budgeting and resource allocation efforts alongside the other C-level executives and the senior management team.
• Ensure all program initiatives align with the company’s core values and culture.
• Provide leadership to those under your command so that they might take more initiative in their roles.
• Manage and oversee ports operations and vessels and actively implement the business plan to process continue growth and profitability.
• Ensures carrier expectations are met for a professional and safe environment and for on-time arrivals and departures.
• Develop and enforce policies and procedures for Port O&M including quality policies and procedures.
• Work with RC Senior Management to ensure all RC practices, standards, and budgetary targets are met.
• Ensures proper scheduling of Supervisors, Leads, and Agents to meet resource needs.
• Monitors employees’ actual hours versus budgeted production hours.
• Track all port expenses to ensure that expenses are consistent with the approved budgets.
• Manage ports’ schedule, budgets and cost control procedures as per the plan.
• Works with the customers and stakeholders to meet all program schedules.
• Perform incident investigations and manage all safety programs.
• Schedules routine company activities including management of the port teams.
• Supervises vessel planning activities prior to the ship arriving in the port.
• Ensures the load and discharge are performed accurately and timely.
• Acts as a focal point for any port issues that may arise with the assigned vessel.
• Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
• A recognized University degree/bachelor’s degree in supply chain logistics or bachelor’s degree within Maritime, Logistics and Transportation
• Must have a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to ten years working as a marine terminal manager, harbormaster, maintenance manager, planner, or related field will be considered.
• Must have six or more years of management & leadership, managing multiple employees.
• Broad, departmental management experience involving multiple aspects of the Port industry such as marine terminals, industrial development or equivalent is desired.
• Familiar with applicable laws, codes and permit requirements that govern the marine industries.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to act as an ambassador to the community.
• Must be able to manage and lead a diverse work team toward the accomplishment of common goals in a highly collaborative, yet fast-paced and stressful environment. This includes the ability to perform functions such as hiring, training, scheduling, evaluations, and discipline.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, tenants, visitors, customers, government representatives and vendors.
• Must possess the ability to speak and present information to a group both in a public or internal setting.
• Skilled in analyzing a situation, assessing alternative solutions and recommending an effective course of action.
• Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
• Ability to hear, speak, and understand English.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.