Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion we now require an experienced Chief Resident Engineer to work on a variety of construction projects in KSA.
Working in a multidiscipline team of designers and engineers providing a comprehensive service to our clients, this is a great opportunity to gain experience within an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large and small scale multidiscipline projects, in KSA and potentially the rest of the Middle East region.
- Manage the supervision of the works designed by Atkins to ensure compliance with the contract documents.
- Liaise with the project supervision team, coordinate and resolve any issues of concern.
- Liaise with sub-consultants directly appointed by Atkins and manage the supervision of works designed by them.
- Review prior to issue to the contractor all project related correspondence, submittals, instructions, technical query and establish lines of communication.
- Review contractor's quality systems, procedures and monitor implementation across the project sit e .
- Review contractor's safety systems, procedures and monitor implementation across the project sit e .
- Establish the site organization and lines of authority
- Be responsible for the conduct of the entire project.
- Take overall responsibility for all technical, contractual and financial matters relating to the delivery of the consultant's supervision duties
- Establish standards and procedures in conformity with client requirements
- Liaise daily with the Project management team
- Manage the supervision team and monitor and supervise their performance and attendance
- Liaise with the Contractor
- Attend and chair meetings
- Prepare reports
- Monitor progress of the works against the contractor's latest approved programme.
- Check and sign all correspondence
- Sign off the contractor's interim payments following review by the SQS
- Identify and initiate recruitment of site staff through standard process
- Implement financial controls on the construction element of project
- Identify training needs and provide or recommend external training
- Set and maintain under review Company performance expectations
- Maintain reasonable discipline, resolve poor performance issues
- Provide pastoral care and encourage staff to develop their full potential
- Identify and manage project construction risks
- Advise the Project Manager on delays, cost and cost forecasts and progress
- Ensure quality of supervision and of work completed by Contractor
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of good records and documentation
- Ensure preparation of quality, safety and environmental plans/procedures and that they are met.
- Coordinate backup support from Head Office staff and technical co-ordination with discipline heads.
- Continually seek to improve upon the service provided and to come up with innovative ideas.
- Construction/Civil related degree, preferably with Chartered status
- Registration with Saudi Council of Engineers
- Minimum 20 years related experience with majority of it being in GCC, especially KSA
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
- Transferable Iqama or a Saudi national
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).