Job description / Role
Chief Steward - Sofitel Shahd Almadina
We are looking for an experienced Chief Steward who will be responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the Stewarding department, while also leading and coaching the employees. He will have direct and effective communication with all Hotel departments, particularly the Food & Beverage division. And reporting directly to Executive sous chef.
What is in it for you?
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the highest quality of cleanliness and organization in all food service areas and service equipment
- Lead sanitation efforts and ensure compliance with health and safety standards, deeply involved in audits and inspections
- Manage all Stewarding team members including hiring, training, performance management, scheduling, assignment of daily duties and long term projects
- Monitor and control the operational budget, labor costs, equipment and supply requisition
- Maintain weekly schedules to ensure optimum service in all F&B areas
- Responsible for purchasing of glass, china, silverware, linen for the food and beverage department.
- Responsible for preserving hotel assets by playing a leading role in minimizing breakage, ensuring proper usage and prompt preventative maintenance
- Manage communication with outside contractors regarding maintenance and renovations
- Administer coaching, counseling and corrective action accordingly
- Take part in the Hotel's Planet 21 sustainability committee
- Is always visible and actively involved during higher service volumes
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and skills include:
- 3 years of experience in same position is an asset
- Experience in food and beverage operation in a luxury Hotel is preferred
- Well-versed in local and government legislation including OSHA, Health Department and Ecolab guidelines to ensure full compliance and safety in all areas
- Committed to having a full understanding of health, safety and environmental practices in the workplace
- Collective bargaining experience advantageous
- Excellent understanding of budget and budget controls
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be results oriented, very organized, highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, written and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Requires extended periods of standing and walking throughout shifts, as well as medium to heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects,
Your team and working environment:
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.