Job description / Role
The Civil Construction Manager will report to the Senior Construction Manager and oversees day-to day construction, implementation of the overall design, tracks progress, makes recommendations regarding recovery schedules, value engineering of design elements, and work with team members in improving safety.
The successful candidate will lead/support Project Delivery, taking responsibility with a focus on project delivery.
• Oversee and direct airside and landside construction works from conception to completion.
• Review the project specifications and design in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
• Oversee all onsite and offsite construction activities to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
• Works proactively with the contractor to identify construction interfaces, risks and can work towards the mitigation of threat during construction of the project.
• Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors. Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory, Review the work progress on daily basis. Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
• Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status, plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones, obtain permits and licenses.
• Understanding of contracts and able to effectively mitigate related risks, understands claim avoidance and when necessary, handles claim from a construction point of view. Meet contractual conditions of performance.
• Manages quality, time, costs, and provision of information
• Full responsibility for reporting and escalating nonconformities to Senior PM and AD.
• Responsible for the site safety supervision by participating in creating, implementing, and securing the site safety plan.
• Responsible to ensure the Contractors are following the site safety plan in all HSE-related activities on site.
• 12 years experience in construction, of which a minimum of 3 years on airport projects.
• Knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods on Airport Projects.
• Competent in conflict and crisis management, leadership, and human resources management skills
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Professional Qualification – Civil Engineering Degree/Project Management/Degree in Construction.
• Working understanding of Engineering drawings and Contracts.
About the Company
Red Sea Global (RSG) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||19 Aug|