Job description / Role
Provide high quality teaching and access to learning to all Civil Engineering (Inspection) students. It is expected the post holder will contribute to course design, development and review of the curriculum provision, sharing best practice and ideas for improvement where these are identified.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to:
• Deliver inspirational teaching and access to learning for all students on programme.
• Provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achieving English language.
• Prepare and adapt teaching materials including teaching aids, digital resources, learning resources, handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers, to enable students to progress, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders across the college.
• Prepare Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans that reflect student need and address the requirements of the syllabus.
• Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operations of programmes in the area.
• Demonstrate consistently effective classroom management techniques that are student centered and promote achievement, this will include both laboratory and classroom delivery.
• Check regularly that learning is progressing to meet the relevant milestones throughout the programme, leading to students successfully achieving their full potential.
• Display sound knowledge and understanding of the subject area.
• Track and review student progress and maintain student records.
• Provide feedback on student progress to the Head of Department.
• Maintain accurate records of class attendance and adhere to all college policies relating to student attendance and punctuality.
• Ensuring appropriate Learning Plans are developed for all students.
• Participate in recruitment, admission and induction processes for new students.
• Attend promotional events to publicize the college.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members and college managers.
• Minimum 3 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in related field Knowledge in MS Office Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Good in Relationships building
• Drive for Results Adaptability Interpersonal Skills and Communication Innovation and Continuous Improvement Planning and Organizing Solution Generation and Decision Making Reliability Self-commitment and Motivation Self-Development Customer Focus Functional Expertise
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.