Job description / Role
• Civil Maintenance Engineer must ensure all civil and infrastructure assets are maintained.
• Ensure a safe working environment.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities:
• Provision of technical support and advice in Architectural, Building and Civil Engineering disciplines.
• Carry out regular and planned Building Fabric inspections and surveys of all the buildings on the Female and Male Campus and shared facilities.
• Supervise the space planning requirements within the site.
• Assist with the management of the FF&E Asset Management.
• Assist with the management and operation of the Permit to Work System
• Produce maintenance related Risk Assessments and Method Statements in support to the maintenance department activities.
• Review project documents as required (drawings, material and technical submittals) ensuring they comply with the original design intent.
• Carry out site inspections during to ensure the site meets expectations in terms of accessibility, maintainability and operability.
• Assist with training and mentoring in safe working practices
• Participate in the Out of Hours Emergency Call Out rotation
• Prepare and administer relevant registers
• Assist to respond to reported issues and coordinate efficient and effective responses.
• Prepare incident reports
• Position Reports to: Hard Service Manager
• Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Education / Certification / Knowledge:
• Degree or higher diploma in Architectural, Building or Civil Engineering related discipline
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of Safe Systems of Work
• Strong Health and Safety knowledge
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment including
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
• Building and Civil Maintenance Engineer
• Facilities Management
Updated: July 2019
• Knowledge and experience in CAD
• Knowledge of KPI systems
• Knowledge of Quality procedures
• Requires minimum of 5 years of industry experience
• Record of dealing with difficult people and situations and making appropriate judgement decisions
• Record of implementing systems to effectively record, address and finalise maintenance issues
• Computer software literate and Key board skills
• Well-organised and methodical manner
• A problem solving ability to think ‘on the run’
• Confidence to take independent decisions but with the judgement to take advice when required
• Excellent business decision making skills and the ability to manage multiple small and large projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organisational skills, interpersonal skills and a positive customer service attitude
• Self starter with good project management skills who can work with minimal supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to delegate tasks and supervise others
• Great multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil, Structural / Architectural Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar