Civil Structural Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer to join Northern Area Capital Programs Management Division (NACPMD). The experienced Civil/Structural Engineer will be checking all Civil/Structural activities and provide technical support and expertise; works under general direction of unit Supervisor/Business Manager and independently. The incumbent functions as a member of a project management team and independently and provides overall Civil/Structural engineering services on multi-million-dollar project complexes.
- Provide civil/structural engineering expertise to a variety of Upstream and Downstream Saudi Aramco projects
- Sustain safety and support compliance with established Company safety management systems
- Provide technical support throughout the development phase of projects from conceptual to final design/execution
- Develop scope of work for conceptual studies, develop technical specifications, assist in contractor selection, and assure quality control of contractor's work throughout project execution
- Assist facilities to develop civil structural strategies & inspection programs to deliver safe, reliable and low-cost solutions to meet business objectives
Onshore Technical support is required in the following areas:
- Structural Design and Analysis of concrete and steel structures, including plant buildings
- Structural Inspection, Rehabilitation and Upgrading
- Blast Resistant Design
- Foundations and pilings for equipment, structures and tanks
- Dynamic analysis of rotating equipment foundations and structures
- Site Selection and preparation including: earthwork, paving and roadways, drainage systems
Offshore Technical support is required in the following areas:
- Structural Design and Analysis of fixed offshore structures (pre-service & in-service)
- Steel Jacket and topside Platforms and Jack-Up Rigs
- Structural Inspection, Rehabilitation and Upgrading
- Application of metocean design criteria (wind and wave)
- Offshore structural Foundations and pilings
- BS degree in the field of Civil /Structural Engineering., MS is recommended
- Minimum 18 - 20 years of work experience as a civil structural engineer working in oil & gas, petrochemical industries, design and analysis of offshore structures and project engineering
- Strong technical & analytical skills
- 3Experience with the design of fixed offshore structures, such as, Steel Jacket Platforms, Jack-up Rigs, Float-over, is mandatory
- Experience with onshore structures, such as plant buildings & foundations, & tank foundations, pipe racks, cooling towers, pavements and drainage
- Ability to evaluate different conceptual designs
- Familiarity with structural analysis and design software (e.g. SACS, STAAD Pro, CAP)
- Familiar with construction practices such as welding techniques, lifting and loadout schemes
- Designed and led drawing development of an offshore structure / topside module from layout stage to as-built stage
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills are essential
- Willing to work in a remote area and able to travel as required
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.