Civil Structural Inspector - Saudi National
Job description / Role
Civil Structural Inspector - Saudi national (Expression of interest) - Medinah
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Due to our strong pipeline of projects within the infrastructure field, we may have an opening coming up soon for a Civil Structural Inspector. The project would be based in Medinah, Saudi Arabia.
If you would like to be the first one to hear about this opportunity when it will arise, submit an expression of interest now and let's stay in touch.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Inspect the site construction work and provide non conformity reports to highlight the deviations with respect to contractual requirements.
* Certifies the works performed by EPC contractor on behalf of client and jointly signs the MCCs, CCCs etc.
* Review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site.
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow.
* Review the contractor's construction related ITPs, method statements and material submittals in accordance with requirements of contract.
* Monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output.
* Implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits.
* Ensure the contractor liaisons with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up.
* Assist the Resident Civil Engineer in day to activities including planning, monitoring and supervision activities as detailed by him time to time.
* Work closely with back office team to highlight deviations/issues on priority and provide quick resolution to client.
* Assist Resident Civil Engineer to prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements.
* Adhere to WSP way of working to foster a culture for safe and vibrant work culture while simultaneously complying with WSP's ethics, code of conduct policies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 5 years of working experience with similar capacity on construction and infrastructure projects (such as roads, highways, bridges, tunnels).?
* Essentially having detailed knowledge of inspections and post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's shop drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and verbal skills. Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
* Fluent in English and Arabic.
* Saudi ID.
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.