Job description / Role
• The Deputy Claims and Legal Manager will have a minimum of 7 years' technical and management experience.
• He will assist the Employer in managing all Claims, Disputes and similar legal Matters. He shall develop a tender for a Legal Panel to ensure that adequate legal representation is available if required.
• He shall implement procedures to be approved by the Employer aiming at minimizing the number of Claims and optimizing their resolution.
• When Claims arise, he shall prepare merit assessments with recommendations to settle or reject the claim.
• For claims where the Employer elects to settle, to manage and advise the Employer to the extent requested in the negotiation and resolution of the issue, and prepare documentation similar to that discussed in change management, if required.
• For claims where the Employer elects to dispute a claim, prepare the response to the Contractor and support the Employer to select the Legal Firm who will be responsible for handling the dispute.
• The Consultant shall provide full support to the appointed Legal Firm and provide whatever information requested.
• The fee and expenses of the Legal Firm shall be paid by The Employer against the pre-agreed Legal Panel rates, or as otherwise mutually agreed by The Employer and the Consultant.
• The Consultant shall keep the Employer full apprised of any legal costs and the likely claim values in accordance with the DoA.
• Good contract, commercial and claims understanding, 10 years post qualification experience.
• Excellent written English for preparation of task orders, contract letters and communications.
• Good negotiation skills to agree sub-contracts with third parties.
• Previous experience in government departments/client side roles.
• Large company & project financial control systems use & understanding.
• Good attention to detail and ability to review invoices and contracts prior to issue.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).