Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking experienced Management Consultants/Client Representatives to join the Organizational Consulting Department (OCD).
The core functions of the OCD are to provide organization design, strategy, and general management consulting services throughout the Company while ensuring alignment of consulting solutions with overall business strategy and corporate objectives, policies, and plans.
OCD consultants provide internal advisory and consulting services to deliver diverse consulting interventions that support the achievement of business initiatives and objectives.
As a Client Rep with the Organization Consulting Department, your focus will be to help our clients deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives. The Client Rep will partner with and ensure long-term successful service delivery to OCD clients and stakeholders. Different projects could challenge you to succeed as a highly consultative advisor to senior management or to visibly drive corporate-level projects based on your planning, execution, and client relationship management skills.
The Client Representative should be an enterprising individual who is adventurous, assertive, energetic, enthusiastic, confident, and optimistic as well as persuasive, tactful, and motivational.
Client Representative daily skills typically include the following:
- Acting as the face of OCD to assess, scope, and coordinate department services while communicating effectively between client organizations and OCD.
- Listening to clients to determine their needs and then developing project plans to meet those needs.
- Working closely with all levels of client management, individual contributors, and subject matter experts to build and sustain relationships.
- Balancing management consulting and customer relationship management.
- Monitoring deadlines to assure OCD services are rendered in a timely manner for client projects.
- Establish strong, long-lasting, collaborative partnerships as a trusted advisor to Saudi Aramco executives, executive project sponsors, and key stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional management consulting teams to assess, recommend, and deliver optimal business and technical solutions leading to impactful business outcomes.
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process re-engineering, and change management, as needed by the project.
- Prepare and/or assess integrated scopes of work that could involve multiple consulting needs for either internal OCD consultants or external consulting firms.
- Develop integrated plans to establish, monitor, manage, and report key milestones and deliverables.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical project issues and scope changes throughout project phases.
- Actively follow up on existing and completed OCD projects to ensure delivery & satisfaction levels are always high.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university recognized by Saudi Aramco. A Master's degree is preferable but not essential.
- At least 15 years of management consulting and client relationship management experience in organizational design, strategy development, and/or other management consulting disciplines within a global company or with an international management consulting firm. Lean Six Sigma or Change Management candidates must have significant general management consulting experience in other management consulting disciplines for this senior-level management consulting position.
- This position requires in-depth knowledge of planning and managing complex management consulting projects in business improvement disciplines (e.g. organizational design, transformation projects, strategy development, etc.) ideally within the oil and gas industry. Examples of desirable experience include:
- Demonstrated ability to use strategy, organization design, and/or process improvement management consulting methodologies, approaches, or tools.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with excellent interpersonal, persuasion, and negotiation skills. Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter with the ability to competently and effectively complete individual tasks and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven delivery experience in organizational design and/or management consulting roles. Previous experience at the manager, director, or partner level or above in a large management consulting firm is a significant plus. New hires are expected to draw on their knowledge and expertise to provide immediate value.
- Experience operating in large, multi-national corporations in a highly-matrixed, sophisticated structure; Oil and Gas experience a plus.
- Experience working across many countries and cultures. Exposure to the needs and challenges of Saudi Aramco local and global leaders.
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex consulting engagements.
- Ability to assess client needs, identify omissions and gaps, and design optimal solution.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.