Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role defines a high level enterprise-wide IT Architecture leader focusing on the mapping of I/T capabilities to business needs.
The focus is on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology in the enterprise and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs. The employee guides functional objectives or technologies with a focus on innovation and the client's transformative journey.
- Have an detailed understanding of Orchestration, Automation and Brokerage.
- Help clients understand the differentiated capabilities of cloud solutions in the context of fitness for purpose to solve key client challenges -and guide them to these solutions where right answer.
- Provide a holistic view of enterprise solutions, including a sound appreciation of operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development and systems management.
These skills should be aligned to Hybrid Cloud within the enterprise.Hybrid Cloud include but is not limited to Traditional IT & Cloud services such as IBM Cloud and AWS along with the following technologies: Containers , Hypervisors , SaaS offerings , NaaS offerings , PaaS offerings.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's function/business unit and its processes.
- Advise other professionals.
- Effectively utilize group dynamics.
- Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
- Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives.
- Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes.
- Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
- Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international).
- Understand department/ functional mission and vision.
- Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources.
- Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function. Sometimes no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Accountable for department results and for activities and/or projects involving multi-functional te+C23ams.
- Regularly participates in overall functional program planning. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact project costs or expenses.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10 years experience in a technical job role.
- Minimum 5 years Technical architect skills including expertise in applying tools and methods.
- Knowledge in any of the evolving technologies (Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Security) mandatory.
- Knowledge (certification preferred) in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (Togaf, Zachman etc)
- Deep knowledge of how solutions portfolios fit into client's overall enterprise architecture.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Banking and Financial Services sector.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in Arabic
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Team Lead