Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Hybrid Cloud Presales is responsible for translating the client's business requirements into specific system, application or process designs. You will work with client personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and lead others in the identification, justification and architecture of the client's infrastructure cloud based solution. The types of solution may cover many areas including Infrastructure/Platform-as-a-service. The role includes a wide range of activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. As a Hybrid Cloud Presales you will be expected to have deep hands on technical skills of cloud platforms and technologies and have several years' experience of successfully implementing cloud solutions. You will also be comfortable helping clients understand how cloud solutions may enable new business models, revenue streams and affect their competitive positioning.
You will be responsible for:
- Presenting IBM's point of view on cloud and digital systems of engagement to CXO level client executives
- Leading the design and development work of cloud based solutions for our clients
- Acting as lead architect on cloud and digital related client proposals
- Providing support to close cloud and digital business opportunities
- Acting as a thought leader on how cloud based technologies and business models can transform client's business and entire industries
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of experience architecting and solutioning infrastructure Cloud-related solutions/migrations.
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure consulting.
- Expert level skills in large-scale complex systems integration (multi-technology; multi-vendor), across application and infrastructure domains.
- Expert level skills in Cloud to guide technical client side architects on Cloud strategy and solution best practices.
- Expert level skills in planning, designing and migrating client workloads to Cloud.
- Experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable Cloud solutions.
- Experienced skill level with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts.
- Ability to position Cloud technology against industry solution requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
- Cloud Networking and Software Defined Networking (SDN) skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cloud certifications (i.e. Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.