Job description / Role
Cloud Adoption is a newly formed organization within EMEA TCE, having the mission to increase customer consumption growth by driving fast activation , nurturing an optimal ramp up and removing technical barriers .
Aligned to a territory and working together with Sales and ACEs, the Cloud Adoption Manager will primary focus on the post-booking side of our customer's lifecycle, ensuring a successful and sustainable cloud consumption growth.
Role and Responsibilities
The Cloud Adoption Director will lead a team of Cloud Adoption reps and Managers. The Cloud Adoption Director should show leadership skills including:
- Developing long-lasting client relationships, you will act as a trusted advisor who our clients can depend on.
- Developing and coaching the people around you to excel in their role, achieving great things for the career, our business, and our clients.
- She/he will have the opportunity to shape our team, playing an active role in recruiting, people development, and programs we run to engage and develop our people.
- Collaborating with colleagues to create thought leadership and to improve the way we deliver in the market.
- The Cloud Adoption team will liaise, as needed, with the relevant TCE teams to agree on specific activities and/or deliverables required in each of the accounts the team is managing.
- The ultimate goal is to maximize usage and usage growth of Oracle Cloud while also creating a robust customer experience across the entire cloud adoption lifecycle.
Typical activities of the Cloud Adoption rep/manager:
- Conduct 24h customer activation
- Strong focus on Activation for new cloud customers and/or workloads, minimizing time to first value and accelerating consumption growth
- Provide best practice guidance on the Landing Zone in alignment with our WLA activities
- Equip the customer with the relevant knowledge for early usage
- Manage the customer's Adoption Plan
- Continuously monitor and review Adoption Plan with the customer to guarantee the progress according to their expectations, facilitating the value realization
- Monitor and predict consumption fluctuations , define and execute corrective actions
- Pro-actively monitor burn rates and provide consumption forecast
- Assess churn risk (customer or service) and formulate mitigation plan
- Detect and flag potential new workloads (to ACEs) or new implementation opportunities (to LIFT)
- Activate Go Live Assurance to guarantee success in this Critical Milestone for the customer
- Provide "Longer Term" customer assistance on environment already in Production through Operations Monitoring and Optimization Advisory
- Energize Customers interest by sharing information and facilitate connection with relevant Oracle activities
- Share and/or recommend customer/ industry specific best practices & content
- Assure progress and prompt resolution of SRs and escalations by engaging relevant teams and advocating for customers
- Identify structural issues affecting customer use of Oracle Cloud and initiate conversations with relevant teams (Cloud Ops, PM, Sales...) to formulate a resolution plan
- Resolve billing issues
- Act as a customer advocate for product features and requirements
Skills and Profile
- To fulfill the role of a CAM we are looking for individuals matching the following profile:
- Relevant experience in TCE roles with a track record of successful customer engagements.
- Passionate about Technology with Breadth and Depth knowledge
- Certified on OCI (or equivalent certifications from competition) - minimum OCI Foundations Associate level
- Solid understanding of the competitive landscape - hands-on experience with AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- IT Market Literacy - able to advise on technology best practices by understanding the Cloud market trends and their impact on various industries
- High Energy and social skills
Focus on Customer Centricity
- Always looking to anticipate customer needs and offer the most relevant advice, education or best practice. Enjoys customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management and IT roles
- Project Management - It is knowledgeable of the most common PM methodologies and tools (ie. Prince2)
- Result-oriented to improve problem resolution & escalation management
- Possesses strong listening and coordination skills to comprehend customer's issues, and work to resolve them. If necessary, engage other teams to ensure successful and speedy resolution
- Analytical thinker with keen problem-solving abilities, strong task planning and delegation skills. Is Pro-active and demonstrates lateral thinking
- Ability to identify and manage escalations
Customer Lifecycle awareness
- Able to understand the customers' existing IT landscape, business requirements and their definition of success.
- Position Oracle as a business partner by delivering value to functional through executive levels
Commercial business understanding
- Partners with Sales, ACE, DS, WLA and LIFT teams to ensure customer success and predictable and sustainable consumption growth increasing forecast accuracy
- Team player with great networking abilities
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working across various regions, cultures and LoBs.
- Strong understanding of the entire TCE ecosystem (and beyond) and how each team contributes to the customer success
- Agent of Change , driving creative and new customer engagements to convert our customers on the best cloud advocates
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.