Cloud Chief Enterprise Architect - Telco
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design and plan cloud application & infrastructure architecture and designs for security and compliance.
- Able to connect private and public cloud, provide orchestration, management and application portability between them to create a single, flexible, optimal cloud infrastructure for running a company's computing workloads.
- Advises on and develops application lifecycle management.
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically about businesses and create technical solutions to achieve client objectives in complex situations and owns complex solution strategy and design.
- Delivers value added architecture consulting to global clients.
- Defines and executes technical adoption and migration strategies by working with highly technical teams. Engages client development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams and identifies repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
- Evaluating clients' internal functions, business development strategies and IT processes and suggesting improvements
- Assisting clients with creating business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals
- Translate enterprise strategies and policies to solution principles to be followed by delivery teams
- Establish quality checkpoints for software engineering practices at organization level as well as program level
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with hyperscalers (like AWS, Azure, GCP) and private Cloud setups
- Expected to have experience in telecom industry.
- Certified in leading EA bodies like The Open Group
- Extensive hands on experience working with frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman and other market leading ones
- Demonstrated experience in establishing EA policies, processes and governance for large organizations
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with business heads
- Strong inter-personal skills with demonstrated experience in leading large teams
- Deep experience in market leading EA modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience of helping organizations in creating strategies using innovative industry trends
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.