Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Developer Advocate" - a 1-year new-grad program for young developers. Are you soon graduating from or still a Masters student in Computer Science or Software Engineering? Do you have hands-on programming and development experience? Are you passionate about engaging with the developer community?
Then this opportunity may interest you!
We are looking for enthusiastic young developers to be part of our team in Riyadh, KSA for a 1 year new-grad program.
- Engage in developer community and become and advocate for IBM Cloud
- Deliver IBM Cloud workshops, meet-ups and hackathons to connect with developers
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with communities, influencers, accelerators, incubators etc.
- Drive IBM Cloud user registrations and retain them on the platform
- Onboard startups to IBM Global Entrepreneur Program
- Contribute on digital and social platforms with developer related IBM content
- Support Enterprise projects like demos, POCs etc.
Who you are
- You have a software developer background, you like to write code and share what you know
- You have strong fundamental knowledge in programming languages and have projects to showcase
- You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive satisfaction from helping others learn by doing
- You are active in local and online developer and start-up communities
- You have passion and curiosity for technology - self-teach and continuously seek to improve skills
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You like blogging about technology and contribute to on-line communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow etc.).
- You have marketing skills and business logic
- You enjoy working in teams and collaborating for better results
This is a one year full-time internship program, candidates who apply should be expected to show commitment and ownership for this role.
- Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Computer Science/ Information Technology Majors
- Part of extra curricular activities including events planning, organizing
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- GPA 3.2 & above
- Fresh grads, up to 1 year of experience
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.