Job description / Role
Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. Your leadership as Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support will inspire your team to be brand ambassadors, provides strategic leadership, functional guidance and valuable insights to operations leader, partner, executive committee and department heads for optimal business decision. Interacting with hotel's legal counsel, insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors, commercial and government banks to effectively control the assets of the business. The Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, business presentation, analytical skills and strong systems background.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Managing Director, FRSS Makkah Hotels, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Creation and embracing the culture of business partnering by working with Managing Director FRSS Makkah Hotels and General Manager/Hotel Managers. The Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support and the General Manager are jointly responsible for achieving optimal operating performance and returns for FRSS and our owners without losing sight of all measured KPI's.
- Develop and manage key relationships with respective management committee members and their senior managers to provide financial support and understanding of short and long-term financial plans.
- Review financial performance of department/area, analysis of variances, forecasts and budgets.
- Challenge existing strategies and/or recommend alternate strategies to continually improve effectiveness of the business or financial management.
- Contribute to all business decisions of the hotel regarding revenue generation, hotel expenditure and investment.
- To assist other department heads in the development and implementation of "corrective action plans" on internal and or external audit and operational reports.
- To assist in the development of the business acumen of all levels of the hotel leadership team to ensure they understand the impact of every component on the business as a whole and embrace the fiscal reporting processes, and information available in order to drive the performance of their areas of responsibility.
- Promote, drive and maximize GOP Theoretical Flow Through concept across the departments.
- Support the General Manager/ Hotel Managers in developing a strong business relationship with hotel owner by participating and contributing in meetings and discussions and responding proactively to owner requests and initiatives within the boundaries of the HMA.
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of the financial data and communicating this in a comprehensible form, of meaningful variations in the operations.
- The analysis of the balance sheet accounts, on a selected basis and the preparation of the monthly internal benchmarking and operational performance analysis reports.
- To assist in the development and implementation of benchmarking techniques that will enable the hotel to enhance revenues while improving productivity and cost efficiencies.
- To seek, identify and implement throughout the hotel best practices that will serve to enhance revenues, guest service and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the General Manager/ Hotel Managers and other department heads, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecast.
- The Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support will establish the annual budget preparation procedures and guidelines.
- To recommend and assist in the design, implementation, and use of methods and procedures that improve the accuracy of working schedules, labour standards, forecast, plans to assist operational staff.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis the accuracy and recommend correct measurements as necessary.
- To provide accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely basis to hotel management, corporate office and owners in accordance with the company and ownership reporting requirements and policy.
- In addition, the Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support is responsible for reporting accurately and timely, the actual results as compared to budget/forecast results.
- He/she is to maintain adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for furniture, equipment and operating equipment to the budgeted amounts.
- Manage all facets of the capital process.
- Ensure all hotels establish and maintain the tracking of fixed assets sub-ledgers and depreciation.
- To participate in the development, maintenance and adherence to a single chart of accounts, payroll and expense dictionary, and the function of accounts in order that the hotels financial and statistical data is accurately and consistently recorded and reported.
- In addition to the preparation of all financial statements, accounting and statistical reports, and any other special report that may be required by corporate office or the General Manager/ Hotel Managers , the Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support is responsible for interpreting said reports and then communicating the results with the General Manager/ Hotel Managers and relevant department heads.
- Has a fiduciary responsibility to the company and/or owners for ensuring the hotels are reporting in compliance with the policies, the uniform chart of accounts and hotel management or other contractual arrangements with respect to accounting matters.
- All laws and fiscal regulations of the area location, which effect financial matters of the hotel, will be complied with.
- This includes seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained, sellers permit, business licenses, etc.
- To protect the owners and the management company's interest in the hotel assets and operations.
- The Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support should be the guardian of the Hotel Management Agreement.
- Management Agreement terms, priorities, performance tests and incentive fees distribution requirements are completely understood and managed.
- The safe keeping of all lease and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and keep current on the Critical Date List.
- Control systems are monitored and audited on a regular basis, as documented by Audit Services, to measure compliance with internal controls. Segregation of duties for non-compatible functions is enforced.
- Controls are explained and understood by all employees, as part of their job description that the employee has signed off on.
- Ensure cash flow is adequate to meet the needs of the operation.
- Approve all cash disbursements and ensure that all disbursements are properly documented and executed.
- Approve all rebates, adjustments and allowances in accordance with company policy.
- Hotel Operational Finance knowledge.
- Computer Skills - Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and preferably Opera, Micros.
- Accounting - Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on both guest needs, while balancing colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Empathetic leader, you are keen to build emotional connection with your colleagues, help them develop their strength and provide regular and constructive feedback.
- You ensure a good communication of the Finance information and maintain excellent relationship and partnership with all the different hotel stakeholders (Owners, Accor Middle East & Africa Division, and Banks etc.)
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.