Job description / Role
The College Nurse is responsible for the organisation and administration of the College Health Centre which includes providing a first-line diagnostic and advisory service dealing with accidents, illnesses, psychological problems and disabilities which students, staff or Fellows may present with.
Provide primary health care services for the students, participate in health promotion programs; and perform related work as required; provide appropriate emergency response and crisis intervention; communicate effectively individually and in groups and make appropriate referrals.
• The organisation and administration of the College Clinic which includes providing a first-line diagnostic and advisory service dealing with illnesses, accidents, and psychological problems which students and staff may present with.
• Deals with daily medical problems as required for example: Headache, minor injuries, insect bites etc.
• Provide symptomatic treatment in the clinic for example: change dressing, hot and cold packs.
• Follow up with the students life style habits (diet) and give advice.
• Maintains medical records for all new students in the clinic which will include their medical history and any episodes of sickness which take place during their college studies.
• Communicates with parents in the case of recurrent complaints from student if the student should be referred for medical assessment.
• Assessment of all new students’ physical examinations forms and follow up of laboratory and tests results as necessary.
• Participate in educational lectures about health related issues and take part in student’s orientation.
• To accompany ill students if they are required to be taken to hospital and to provide support and assistance with rehabilitation for students recovering from serious physical or mental illness.
• To offer advisory assistance for disabled students or those with chronic illnesses, notifying relevant College departments appropriately so that reasonable adjustments can be made
• Ensure that all possible measures are taken to prevent cross-infection
• Support health awareness campaigns organized by the college.
• Ensure adherence to safety, cleanliness and preparedness standards defined by standardized procedures.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate with the post as directed by the Head of Department and/or College Principal.
• Bachelor degree in Nursing or Nursing Education or area relevant to nursing.
• Licensed RN issued by the Saudi Commission for Health specialists.
• Previous record of sustained clinical practice of at least three years.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
• Computer literate and Knowledgeable of internet use.
• Speak or write Arabic
• Experience in Multicultural environment desired.
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.