Job description / Role
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep analytical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate colleagues, this might be the role for you. As a Business Analyst in the Commercial team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings in new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define business/operational goals and metrics. The top candidate naturally dives deep to drive business through data insights and is passionate about socializing business impacts to guide the broader organization.
Some of the key tasks of the role include, but not limited to:
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business.
· Understand trends related to Amazon business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to help drive business growth. Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines. Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
· Work closely with business managers and stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend solutions to help growth.
· Interact with international teams and replicate best practices in KSA for any given program.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
· Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related disciplines
· Exposure to data mining tools such as SQL, R, SAS, Excel
· Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
· Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
· Strong data presentation skills supported by extraordinary verbal, written communication
· Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues
· Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross functional interactions. Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
· Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
· Experience with gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
· Proven ability to identify solutions in unconventional ways; innovate and simplify processes.
This position with limited 6 months contract
· 2+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
· Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, dynamic pricing, demand modeling, game theory and customer/product segmentation
· Proficiency with statistical/data modeling software packages (e.g. R, Python)
· Experience with e-commerce, retail or marketing analytics would be an advantage
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.