Job description / Role
• To manage the preparation and revision of contracts for design and construction works.
• Oversee the processes and procedure related to contractual matters to ensure not only compliance but to also manage contract-related risk among the department and assigned areas of responsibility within the Program.
• Manage the procurement operations of the Program for assigned projects, to effectively and proactively plan, coordinate, and control execution of the procurement activities on the project.
• Manage the procurement operations of the Project, to effectively and proactively plan, coordinate, and control execution of the procurement activities on the project.
• Prepare tender documentation required for the procurement of sub-contractors and sub-consultant including tender and pricing schedules, scope of works, comparative tender analysis and recommendation
• Manage sub-contract/sub-consultant packages, scopes, procurement schedules and head contract, progress claims, delay claims external variation
• Evaluate the existing contracts process to identify areas needing improvement and lead effort to make necessary improvements
• Prepare contract change notices, monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverable
• Understanding and respect for cultural diversity.
• Risk management / Training and staff development
• Engineer, having university degree in civil, architectural or structural engineering from internationally recognized university, 20 years minimum experience of which 8-10 years in the same office and has experience in project management and planning, timetable control and preparation and cost control using computer software.
• Substantial experience as QS/Commercial Manager/Contracts Manager on various civil, rail and construction projects working for Main Contractor, Sub Contractor and Consultancy; Managing, administering and providing project briefings of various forms of bespoke and industry standard contracts;
• Formation and administration of bid prequalification, compiling tenders, receipt and bid evaluation;
• Precontract reviews, comments and commercial risk identification; Knowledge of planning, scheduling, cost control and quality functions;
• Ensuring effective transfer of knowledge between the Project Management Team and the existing Bid/Contract Team
• Monitor and maintain commercial governance and ensure commercial exposure is minimized;
• Identify, develop and manage high value claims and variations with the team and resolve with client
• Monitor, maintain and improve company process and procedures to support best practice
• Commercial Progress and Financial Reporting in line with Corporate Governance (focus on correct and timeous Profit declaration, Earned Value Reconciliation and Cost to Complete budgets); Driving value engineering and cost saving proposal to aid profitability
• Strong Safety/Quality ethos.
• High levels of personal credibility and gravitas.
• Strong leadership ability with a dynamic mind-set.
• Ability to establish and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ability to influence decision making across all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong cultural awareness.
• A hands-on executive who is visible and engaged leader.
• Preferable who had worked in GCCC region in general and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in particular.
• Preferable associate in international organizations or association in discipline
• Excellent communication skills verbal and written with proven Client interface skills are essential.
• Fluent in English (reading and Writing)
• Good command of Arabic and English (reading, writing and speaking).
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Contracts and Commercial Manager - Arabic Speaking
|Saudi Arabia||15 Sep|
Contracts & Commercial Manager/Director
Rider Levett Bucknall
Contracts & Commercial Manager