Job description / Role
The Director will provide a comprehensive, accurate and value driven service for Clients. He/ She will also be responsible for junior staff and will provide support and supervision. Will be Client focused and lead project teams and/or provide advisory services on major projects in Saudi Arabia.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities will be to perform cost management duties both pre and post-contract on infrastructure and building projects. He / She will generally be responsible for the following tasks:
• Leading and delivery of all aspects of quantity surveying from inception of a project through to completion.
• Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
• To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
• Produces cost estimates at concept, scheme and detailed design stage.
• Oversee the production of a detailed BOQ for tender.
• Manage the tender process, review and analyse tender returns and prepare a recommendation to the client.
• Input into value and risk management workshops as required by the client.
• Oversee the contract administration including progress payments and change requests
• Lead negotiation of final accounts settlements as necessary.
• Play an actual part in sector specialisms, technical excellence and the development of thought leadership and the development of best practices.
• Drives performance standards through expert communication and effective use of the performance management process with his team.
• Works on projects of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors and appropriate problem solving. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to resolve technical problems.
• Accountable for briefing the team on the project scope to ensure roles and responsibilities are understood.
• Manages the resources on project and within the team to drive maximum efficiencies.
• Be aware of and develop marketing opportunities and where appropriate bring to the attention of Directors and the Business Development Department, in order that they may assist in following up potential leads enabling the development of new business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Accredited MRICS member
Specific skills required
• Familiar with Cost X software or other cost planning software
• Good understanding of preparing cost plans to elemental detail
• Through understanding of Conditions of Contract and contractual issues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide specialist services in support of project requirements
• Independently performs highly complex professional assignments
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
• A qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialist activity of a moderately sized team
• Must be proactive and adaptable
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Committed to maintaining a high standards and accuracy of work
• Attention to detail
• Safeguard - To operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritising safety and security in all that you do
• Be decisive - Know how to prioritize, advocate focus and accountability
• Be impactful - Use clear and frequent communications, drive execution and results.
• Be client-focused - Be collaborative, innovative and strategic.
• Be the role model - Lead by example, demand excellence, maintain safety and integrity as top priorities.
• Minimum 25 years experience since obtaining maximum educational qualification
• Experience of working in Saudi Arabia or GCC Countries
• Experience on Civils / Infrastructure and Building Assets
• Arabic speaker would be an advantage
• Should be prepared to Travel within KSA for work or Project Office based as necessary
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
|Saudi Arabia||14 Sep|
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|
|Saudi Arabia||10 Oct|