Job description / Role
Quest Search & Selection are delighted to partner with this Saudi-based group of companies that are involved in Retail, Food & Beverage and Real Estate. This role is within the retail, entertainment sector & they have partnered this brand for over 10 years. They have expanded the business, stores and the number of new product lines during these times to become a more one-stop , destination shopping experience!
Your responsibilities of this Procurement /Commercial Director position:
• The core responsible of this role to lead this retail business with a turnover of around USD 50 - 60 million USD across the country.
• Reporting into the CEO
• Working on targets, strategy and plans for the Business Unit
• Your main responsibility is to lead the Procurement and Buying function to make sure that the sourcing, supply chain and merchandising are meeting customer expectations and meeting commercial sales targets.
• Driving the retail operations and sales teams for P&L and commerciality of the stores within B2C and the small B2B operations.
• Working alongside the Operations Director to lead the strategy of the 8-10 stores in the KSA region.
• Leading their marketing department across brand alignment, in store, advertising and digital marketing.
• Leading a team of 15-20 direct reports with further reports underneath.
SAR 40,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Tax free salary Bonus potential - x4 basic salary Private healthcare, Relocation Flights schooling allowance for x3 children
To be successful in this Commercial Director position -
• Extensive experience at a Commercial/ Country or Business Unit Director looking after and leading a diverse team within Buying/Procurement background is essential.
• KSA experience is highly desirable but not essential
• Strong buying background and understanding on high level negotiations, new product development and minimising aging/old stock
• That you have delivered the strategy for a division, country, or business unit.
• You must have board level exposure and have experience of owning the delivery of the retail strategy.
• You must have retail experience in the entertainment, fashion, department stores, health & beauty but all sectors will be considered.
• Comfortable with monitoring allocated budget to ensure compliance and take corrective measures when necessary
• Can get buy-in for the planned vision and strategy for the wider business
• Have develop necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational cost and reviewing financial reports for accuracy and consistency
• Strong people management skills and have led large teams through direct reports and succession planning.
• Aptitude in strong decision-making and working with numbers
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Business Unit Director
L'Oreal Middle East
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
Business Development Director
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||10 Sep|
Commercial Director - Retail
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||15 Sep|
General Manager - Consumer