Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Portfolio Analysis & Commercial Support Division within the Chemicals Affiliates Affairs Department (CAAD) enhances P&L accountability of the Chemicals segment across Aramco's Downstream business, and has three main objectives: oversee the business performance of the Chemicals segment of Aramco affiliates in order to drive financial performance, value creation and global growth; act as a consultant to review fuels-related projects; and monitor the performance of the marketers of Aramco chemicals, specifically tracking value sharing from SABIC to Aramco.
The Commercial Excellence & Contract Specialist will develop and maintain a knowledge center for all commercial agreements related to the affiliates. This role will lead the development of the contract process and strategy for all commercial agreements of the organization. It will be the interface among internal, external, legal and finance organizations for the development, execution, monitoring and amendment of commercial agreements. In addition, this role will provide advice to key stakeholders in order to ensure the agreements optimize value for the Aramco group. The Commercial Excellence & Contract Specialist will also identify and coordinate commercial synergies and margin improvement opportunities, and will be the focal point for improvement initiatives across Downstream organizations.
- Manages and coordinates commercial agreements related to affiliates.
- Leads the contract process and strategy for all related commercial agreements.
- Acts as a focal point for colleagues, various functions and senior management for interpretation of various agreements and partnership arrangements.
- Leads and enables negotiations on affiliate-related matters, and supports other departments.
- Coordinates and participates in the evaluation of commercial terms of Chemicals' marketing agreements.
- Ensures agreements are current and compliant with policies and standards, and conducts legal and functional reviews prior to routing for approval.
- Supports commercial and marketing value assurance reviews for chemicals-related projects.
- Provides senior stakeholder management across boundaries: affiliates, partners, various internal functions, service providers, etc.
- Supports antidumping cases for specific affiliates as required.
- Identifies and coordinates commercial/business opportunities.
- Builds and keeps custody of a repository of all commercial agreements related to affiliates.
- Represents Aramco's Chemicals interests in partnership and stakeholders' meetings as appropriate.
- Understands all the agreements assigning marketing rights to SABIC, ARLANXEO and Aramco Trading Company.
- Recommends improvements to existing marketing agreements and works in collaboration with Affiliate Affairs managers to seek implementation.
- Coaches and trains junior analysts in the team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Business or related discipline; an advanced degree in Finance, Business, Management or Economics is a plus.
- Ten plus years' experience in various aspects of the Chemicals industry, including: business performance, financial analysis, sales and/or marketing.
- Wide experience in chemicals commercial activities and agreements' negotiation experience.
- Prior experience managing joint ventures and marketing arrangements is highly-preferable.
- Has a strong understanding of the suite of agreements governing affiliates.
- Relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Solid financial understanding.
- Team management and leadership skills.
- Senior presentation and engagement skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.