Commercial Finance Manager
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide finance business partner support to operations, commercial directors, influencing behaviors and performance through insights and understanding of key drivers and trends
- Communicate and deliver financial information to non- financial employees and stakeholders
- Prepare the Yearly budgeting and lead the monthly rolling forecasts processes for OPEX, CAPEX and Cash flow in line with the Group business plans
- Prepare insightful reporting and analysis to support management decision making, and identify any anomalies to the budget
- Monitor performance against budget and Identify issues and recommending corrective actions
- Present the Monthly financial results to senior Management, ensuring commercial risks and opportunities are highlighted
- Review and approve all commercial Contracts, securing optimal Financial and commercial terms and Structuring deals to drive optimal ROI
- Authorize Sales, Purchase Invoices and Payments in accordance with the contractual commitments and approved budgets
- Provide assistance with modelling and scenario testing for new business opportunities
- Ensure adherence to the Monthly Reporting timetable, communicating required information to ensure that results are reported appropriately and accurately on a timely basis
- Attend to audit and ad hoc queries
- Experience in Media and entertainment industry is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge in UAE and KSA tax regulations
- 8 -10 years of experience in a commercial finance role
- Experience of using Oracle Fusion, Hyperion, BI reporting tools is an advantage
- Experience of team management
- Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadline
- Experience of working with the commercial teams and other business units is a must
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Attention to details
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 5-7 days, please assume that at this stage your application has been unsuccessful.
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.