Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
The Commercial Finance Manager is responsible for managing the monthly financial reporting and control cycle of different business units. He/she performs corporate controller tasks related to balance sheet and cash flow management and supports the Finance Manager through high value-added analysis on performance and control.
- Drive the budget and revision processes, by delegating responsibilities to budget controllers and coordinating with other departments on information requirements.
- Provide support to budget controllers to allow them to progress as fast as possible and supervise in a subtle manner the quality, reliability and accuracy of work delivered by them
- Refine the management reporting to incorporate and evaluate all key performance indicators that management requires to be able to follow business profitability and its drivers.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, financial forecasts, core financial planning and analysis, proposal rates, profit plans and schedules instituting and maintaining other planning and control procedures, and analyzing and reporting of variances to local management
- Provide detailed monthly operating results and analysis of cost per cost center and cost type, analyzing main variances with latest revision, budget and previous year.
- Anticipate financial problems and recommend action plans for budget control.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the implementation of Group internal control procedures in order to verify the integrity of all financial information, ensure and maintain historical records.
- Work closely with the Financial Manager to ensure that expenses are on target with projections and that the company operates within budget parameters.
- Assist the Management and Financial Manager, ensuring that operational areas are managed efficiently and effectively to insure a low administrative cost and preparing the annual budgets forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Develop and interpret of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company.
- Establish major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Oversee, Compile and analyze daily operations and financial information of the finance department.
- Prepare and review weekly financial forecasts and long-range financial plans.
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to insure timely and accurately compliance with corporate time lines.
- Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to the board to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fluent in Arabic
- Qualified in a Finance Certification such as ACCA, CPA etc
- At least 7 years experience in Finance
- At least 3 years experience in Commercial Finance
- Background in Retail, luxury or beauty industry
- Willing to be based in Jeddah
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department FINANCE Role Commercial Finance Manager
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.