Job description / Role
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with four six-month rotations within the commercial functions of GE Gas Power
- Exposure to different businesses, products, and leaders
- World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online training
- World-class CLP Program
- Personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments
- Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Rich networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world
- Business depth within commercial functions of GE Gas Power
- Preparation of contract documentation (sales contracts, specs, technical specs)
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
- Development of competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance, to support the Sales team in the region
- Understand local market dynamics
- Identification and management of commercial risks across the project scope
- Responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation management
- Personal world-class training - online, hands-on, and in the Classroom
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant science degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, or Industrial Engineering
- Prior intern or co-op experience, or relevant work experience (0-3 years) preferably in sales, sales support or marketing in the Energy industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Academic excellence; minimum 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (out of 4.0)
- Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
- Fluent English and Arabic is required
- Geographic mobility
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
At GE MENAT, we are imagination at work. With regional activities spanning nearly a century, GE's presence in the Middle East, North Africa & Turkey (MENAT) comprises an exciting array of established projects across the region via strategic partnerships, investments and solutions. GE MENAT has more than 4,800 employees working in 30 offices and 35 facilities across 19 countries. GE businesses represented in the region are GE Aviation, GE Capital, GE Gas Power, GE Healthcare and GE Transportation. Join us and we can make progress together, in partnership with the region.
GE Gas Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make gas power more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.