Job description / Role
Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Commercial Managers to join our client focused team in Riyadh. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services to all operational functions, exceeding the expectation of the client.
• The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of the project
• To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
• To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
• Comply with established commercial/ procurement/ contractual strategies
• Individually or as part of a team operating processes for the selection, appointment, and management of construction and engineering contractors
• Providing advice on procurement strategy
• Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
• Preparing and issuing tender documents
• Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
• Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
• Preparation of contract recommendation reports
• Preparation of contract documents
• Compliant tenders
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results including:
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
• Strong technical delivery experience
• MRICS membership will be ideal but not essential
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience (Pre-Contract)
• Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
• Able to build long-term relationships
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritizing workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.