Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide oversight on all commercial matters relating to the design, construction and supply contracts.
• Manage the procurement and budget control functions.
• Analyze the general terms and conditions of various contracts to highlight obligations, ambiguities, conflicts and deviations in party responsibilities, liabilities, scope of requirements and the like. Provide contractual advice on the resolution to problems encountered.
• Provide direction and coordination with schedule and program personnel to review baseline programs, look-ahead programs, mitigation and cause and effect programs, interface programs and analysis of progress and performance indicators.
• Manage support team to assure contracts are effectively managed during the course of the contract period and to ensure its close-out is in accordance with established procedures.
• Oversee the reviews and recommendations for claims and other contractual matters to the senior management. Attend progress review meetings, schedule and claims meetings and responsible for actions arising from the same.
• Support other contractual requirements as deemed necessary.
• Responsible to provide senior-level guidance to assigned personnel and ensures proficiency and timeliness of all contract administration functions.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying.
• MRICS or CIOB is required.
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience involving major infrastructure projects, 5 years of which should be within Saudi or other GCC countries.
• Experience in procurement, estimation and contract administration.
• Proven ability to perform independently.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be very organized and have effective problem solving and negotiating skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.