Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to provide operationally sound advice and support to management in relation to a broad range of commercial and contractual tasks on a high level infrastructure construction supervision project, based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Managing commercial risk and returns and ensure that commercial standards, procedures and processes are applied across all commercial activities across the project.
* Determine & drive commercial contract improvement initiatives including managing the impact of contract performance and abatement regime on pricing and profitability; developing mechanisms to improve profitability and reduce risk.
* Assisting with improving the working capital on the project.
* Preparing relevant commercial correspondence to the client.
* Monitoring and advising the Program Director, other team members of potential or actual risks arising from the Main Contract, Subcontracts and/or from the performance of the Works.
* Attend project review meetings, including the preparation of the financial data and take away any relevant commercial finance actions.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Quantity Surveying with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background.
* Professional member such as MRICS, CIOB or MCIARB.
* Have excellent communication skills verbal and written both in English and Arabic.
* 14+ years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity.
* Experience of working in the Middle East is essential.
* Capabilities of performing effectively under time constraints, schedule your workload to meet deadlines, and have the ability to prioritize tasks.?
* Track record of working on major infrastructure projects, such as the construction of airports, roads, highways, rail, metros.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.